The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old February 20, 2001, 07:04 PM   #1
Hard Ball

I have come across an FN browning Model 10/22 ,380 automatic pistol with unusual markings. On the right side of the slide it says Bojho and a second word which looks like cyrillic characters and an issue number 12,xxx. It appears that tese markings were appled at the factory. A lanyard loop is found on the left side of the crip. I would guess that it was used by a military or national police force in some balkan nation. Has anyone ever heard of an FN Browning marked like this?
Old February 22, 2001, 08:43 PM   #2
Hard Ball

I am making some progress. friend who is of Serbian ancestry says that the markiking in cyrillic charactrs on the slide means "Military State property" so the oistol was Army issue, probably yugoslavian.
Old March 4, 2001, 01:34 PM   #3
Hard Ball

I found the answer to this pne. In 1922 the Kingdom of the Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (later Yugoslavia) wanted to buy 60,000 pistols for their army. FN submitted their .380ACP Model 1910. The Serbs liked the Model 1910 but felt that the barrel was too short and the magazine capacity was too small. FN wanted the contract so they modified the Model 1910 by installing a longer barrel with a slide extension and lengthened the grip to accept a longer magazine. The Serbs accepted the new pistol. After the Serbian contract was in production, FN decided to add the pistol to their product line as the Nodel 1910/22. So the Serbuan pistols were designed for Serbia and were the first FN Model 1910/22S.