The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old February 17, 2009, 08:22 PM   #51
lagavulin62

maybe the batf is not yet aware of obama? received my license today and it was just shy of 4 weeks for turnaround.
Old February 17, 2009, 09:41 PM   #52
Wrothgar

What does FFL and C&R stand for anyway?
Old February 18, 2009, 08:19 AM   #53
jsmaye

Federal Firearms License. Curio & Relic.
Old February 20, 2009, 06:27 PM   #54
wpcexpert

I can't seem to get a C&R license request packet from them in the mail. I ordered it off their website about a month ago. Is there another way?? Downloading the forms?? Where?
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson
Old February 20, 2009, 10:07 PM   #55
lagavulin62

wpcexpert,

that website ordering form is useless. I gave up and went in person to the local atf office here in houston. try to find a local office from their website. if one is not close by if you will pm me your address I have some I can send you.
Old February 20, 2009, 10:10 PM   #56
jrfoxx

If I recall correctly, the BATFE National Licensing Center was recently moved from Atlanta,Ga to a new location. As I submitted the form to change my address on my FFL03 prior to moving a few months ago, and still have not gotten the new license yet.

I am going to fill out and send a new one, as I suspect it vanished in the move (I sent it in right around the time they were moving locations, and sent it to the Atlanta address).

Does anyone know the mailing address for the new location of the Licensing Center? I cant seem to find anything but the old Atlanta one anywhere on the BATFE website.

Thanks.

ETA: I sent them an email for the new address, so if I get it before anyone here responds, I'll post it up for others in case they need it too.

Last edited by jrfoxx; February 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old February 24, 2009, 11:40 PM   #57
Wrothgar

Alright, I'm getting my C&R license, I have decided. They're only like, 30 bucks a year right? If I call my Texas office (I'll have to see which one, Dallas or Houston) and ask them to send me the form, they'll mail it to me, right? Man, I'm so stinking excited to buy old guns over the internet for cheap! Unless it takes me half a year to get it :-(.
Old February 25, 2009, 12:28 AM   #58
AZta2guy

Just got mine today in mail. Sent out Jan 15!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
Old February 25, 2009, 09:29 PM   #59
jrfoxx

FWIW, the BATFE NLC responded to my email monday morning, and said that they had mailed my amended FFL03 on DEC 11th, and since I didnt get it, they will promptly mail another one to me. I'm happy they didnt loose the form, and I dont have to resubmit and wait, and that they are sending one out, but it creeps me out a little wondering what happened to the one they sent out (IE: what stranger may have an unsigned copy of my license.I know that it's unlikely it could be of use to anyone, but still creepy).Of course, thats assuming it ACTUALLY got sent out, as opposed to marked as sent, or supposed to be sent, but never really was (seems a real possibility).

Also, they didnt give me the new mailing address for the Licensing Center (if I'm even right, and there IS a new one.), so I dont have it to include for others like I was hoping. sorry.