The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old July 18, 2011, 01:28 AM   #51
MEATSAW

That's one of things I did when I first got the rifle, but unfortunately it wasn't there.

Madcratebuilder: where did you get your cheek pad? I really like it!

So if the butt pad adaptor doesn't exactly fit the contour of the rifle is it safe to grind the adaptor to fit the rifle? Or do I have to sand the rifle to fit the adaptor? Still waiting on Brownells to send me my decelerator 550 butt pad so I can get it installed...
Old July 18, 2011, 08:17 AM   #52
zfk55

Meatsaw, go here, scoll to the bottom and click on the picture of my cheekpad. That' will take you to the maker. www.swissproductsllc.com

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit, he set in de bushes, he watch an' he wait, lay low an' he don' say nuffin'
Old July 19, 2011, 08:16 AM   #53
madcratebuilder

Quote:
So if the butt pad adaptor doesn't exactly fit the contour of the rifle is it safe to grind the adaptor to fit the rifle? Or do I have to sand the rifle to fit the adaptor? Still waiting on Brownells to send me my decelerator 550 butt pad so I can get it installed...
You grind the butt pad to the size of the SP pad adapter, you don't have to touch the rifle. The SP pad adapter is the same size as the original steel butt plate.

If you Google this there are some sights that show the process.
Old July 19, 2011, 11:49 AM   #54
Auction Dude

Swiss Model 96/11, Model 1911 and K-31's Rifles

We just took in over 200 total of all three models. They remain in very good to excellent condition. Some of the K-31's are Swiss target modified with globe type front and diaopter rear sights. I like those best.
The other minor condition issue I've noticed and the reason the Swiss switched the material after 1931 is on the bolt handles of the M-1911's. They have sort of a two piece micarta knob affair to the bolt handle where the K-31's are of a two piece machined aluminum (a good, quick way to tell the differance between the two variations), a small percentage of our M-1911's show losses and cracks to these fiberous knobs. Otherwise the bores are all at least fine with just light high edge wear to blued surfaces and light knackering to stocks with some rifles exhibiting minor oil darkening to wood at metal contact points. They are all lightly importer marked. We plan on running them through various auctions until they are gone but there are just so many that I am working on our consignor to let us sell some of them outright.
When in Irvine Ca. stop in and check them out. Orange Coast Auctions 16600 Aston St. Irvine Ca. 92606
Old July 19, 2011, 12:30 PM   #55
zfk55

Some of the K-31's are Swiss target modified with globe type front and diaopter rear sights. I like those best.

Huh? What are they exactly? Pics?

An'' ole' Brer' Rabbit, he set in de bushes, he watch an' he wait, lay low an' he don' say nuffin'
Old July 19, 2011, 06:46 PM   #56
SurplusShooter

Nice rifle.
Old July 19, 2011, 07:02 PM   #57
Auction Dude

Swiss with target sights

Give me a day or so and I'll see if I can't get some pix up.