The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 26, 2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Nate1778

Hello newb reloading question

Hello, I am new to reloading although I have been a shooter for a while. Anywho got a family and now that they are growing up I am looking to get back into shooting much more so then the past few years. My question is not so much reloading related as I have a fairly decent setup on the way and an uncle whom has taken me through the process. My question is this, "How do you contain your brass at the range both indoor and out?" Obviously brass has gone up, so trying to recycle as much as possible is in order. What are some of the methods you use and ideas on how to make this easier, other than the "Brass Catcher". I would say at the indoor range 1/2 the brass goes over the barrier and the other half gets thrown against the partition and then any where the ricochet goes. Obviously not a problem with the wheel guns but the autos throw one way and another the other way.
Old January 26, 2009, 12:46 PM   #2
K.W.

Use big cardboard box, tarpaulin or blanket. Soft felt may bee the best ones.