The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 28, 2018, 09:57 PM   #1
Hunter562yards

VP9 holster options

I’m looking to concealed carry my VP9. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good IWB holster? I have a pretty thin build. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Old May 29, 2018, 12:12 PM   #2
Uncle Malice

I unquestionably recommend Tulster and Bravo Concealment. Slightly different styles, pick which you like best. Or get both. I have both. I do find that I use the Tulster most often.... but I also have both for the Glock 19, and find that I use the Bravo more often for the Glock.

Just the slight difference int he way they ride, perhaps.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:36 PM   #3
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Malice View Post
I unquestionably recommend Tulster and Bravo Concealment. Slightly different styles, pick which you like best. Or get both. I have both. I do find that I use the Tulster most often.... but I also have both for the Glock 19, and find that I use the Bravo more often for the Glock.

Just the slight difference int he way they ride, perhaps.
I really like Bravo. I just wish they still offered options in terms of cant and whether or not I want a threaded barrel. I use OWB under a cover garment and the threaded barrel protector digs into my hip at times. And at the 2 o'clock position I want zero cant. I also would like options for 1.75" belts without having to buy additional clips when I won't use the ones on the holster (or in some cases being out of luck entirely). They used to offer all of that and then streamlined production. I Iooked at Tulster and Vedder for a bit too but haven't got one yet.

I have also used Black Dog concealment and I like his holsters as well, but the fit and finish isn't as good as the two above (though the practical use is as good).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; May 29, 2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old May 29, 2018, 01:36 PM   #4
jr24

After trying nearly all of them, I have settled on the Vedder light tuck as my favored IWB holster.

I like the thin Kydex, quality and ease in adjusting ride hight and cant.
Old May 29, 2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Siggy-06

Take a look at Cooks Holsters for kydex. Fast turn around time and good prices.
Old May 30, 2018, 02:13 AM   #6
cannonfire

For my VP9, I have a G-Code IWB and really like it a lot. I have a HeadDown OWB for the VP9. I went with them because their shop is literally around the corner from my house. I would look elsewhere. Too much excess plastic IMO and their customer service is shotty at best. I was given a GearCraft IWB holster for my P10C which I like a lot too.

Unfortunately I can't recommend Contact! Concealment at the moment. I understand Bruce was in an accident recently (earlier this year?), but customer service and the wait have been horrible. He's currently not taking any new orders so he can catch up but everywhere I've read, its a 4-8 week turn around. It's been 18 weeks (end of January) since I ordered 2 holsters. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt with the accident, but I've sent a half dozen emails about my order have only received one saying he will send it out ASAP and that was a month ago. Not the happiest with it at the moment.
Old May 30, 2018, 02:16 AM   #7
Hunter562yards

Wow, thanks for all the recommendations! Does anyone have anything against a leather holster? I’m completely new to the carry world, so I don’t know if anyone even makes an IWB leather holster. I’ve just seen carry guns get so much wear from the kydex, I’m not opposed because I could always just CerraKote my gun. I’m just curious if the kydex is really that much better of a product. Once again, thank you all for the replies! Just from what I’ve seen so far, I think I like the Bravo the most due to the clip placements, it looks like it’ll hold the gun a bit closer into my body.
Old May 30, 2018, 09:36 AM   #8
Siggy-06

Kydex doesn't have a break in time like leather does, and it's usually less bulky(depending on the maker+thickness of the kydex). There are hybrid holsters on the market too for iwb that a lot of people find comfortable like Crossbreed.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:00 PM   #9
cw308

Another vote for Vedder LightTuck . Tried quite a few an Vedder is the one I use AIWB for a 3" 1911 45acp. Very comfortable an concealable.
Old June 12, 2018, 04:31 PM   #10
Winny

I can't praise the Clinger Holsters "No Print Wonder" holster enough.

Excellent holster with extreme conceivability and the ability and hardware required to convert into a AIWb holster.

2 holsters for the price of one, best concealment I've seen and phenomenal customer service.
Old June 14, 2018, 12:36 PM   #11
somebeach

Try DARA holsters. Located in North
Carolina. Not the cheapest but the best quality I've found. I've had my vp9 holster since 2014 & it's still my favorite. Have other DARA holsters for a Glock 19, M&P, and a Beretta px4 compact. All have worked great.