The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 14, 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
M14

Pistol bullets in .35 Remington

I have a M141 Remington in .35 Remington that I like to plink with & use as a short range small vermin gun. I have tons of load data for low velocity lead bullet loads, but only a handful using jacketed (pistol) bullets. Does anyone have any loads that they would share? I'm looking for 1100 - 1500 fps.
Old January 15, 2007, 12:48 AM   #2
rnovi

My favorite "bunny-buster" load: From Speer #11 manual: 41 gr. IMR 4895 and a 125gr. JHP. (min load: 39 gr. max load 43 gr.) - 2150fps though.

I can't really give you any firm data, but I might be able to help suggest a bit. RCBS lists a reduced load of 10 gr. Unique under a 158gr. SWC as giving 1389 fps from a 20" bbl. I would think that around 10-12gr of unique under a JHP should work and would be a decent starting load. RCBS doesn't list any filler as being necessary with this load.

Lyman, by comparison on lead loads shows a 200gr load over 12gr of Unique, so 12gr. isn't going to be of any real pressure consequence.

Best of luck to you though: keep us posted!

"Remember, Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!"