The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old May 19, 2018, 07:19 PM   #26
armednfree

The scope is a good buy if you consider that when you get a long range rifle you can switch it. Just don't sell the scope with the gun.
Old June 1, 2018, 03:04 AM   #27
cje1980

2-7 to 4-12 power should be fine. You don't need a 6-20 for 200 yards. The problem with higher magnification scopes is you aren't getting your best bang for the buck for glass.
Old June 1, 2018, 04:28 PM   #28
ninosdemente

I opted for a different scope. Next on the list is a 6.5 creedmore bolt action and scope. This one will definitely be used for past 200yds.
Old June 1, 2018, 06:42 PM   #29
GeauxTide

Nikon P223 in 4-16
Old June 2, 2018, 06:41 AM   #30
cw308

I'm with post #21 jpx2rk .l benchrest only with my rifle also ranges in my area are 200 yards max. Progressive lenses , went from a 4 - 14 x 40 to a 6 - 24 x 40 . With my eyesight I should have went with a fixed power Weaver T24 or T36 my groups are average 5 shot half inch also shooting with a Jewell set at 10 ounces . Looking to shoot small groups for target shooting only not hunting a good trigger set in ounces will tighten up your groups . Once you get use to shooting in ounces the trigger won't seem so light. If it don't rain on Sunday it will be my first day this year at the bench , I don't shoot in the cold at 71 I guess I'm turning into a wuss. Good luck with your scope , power & a good trigger works for me.
Old June 2, 2018, 10:09 PM   #31
ninosdemente

The one I purchased was a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40. Bought it from a member here on forum.

I have been kind of eager to take this rifle to range. But was having such a difficult time finding the base. Cabela's didn't have anything for this gun although they sold this rifle at their store. (disappointing as mostly did see a lot for Remington 700. makes me want to think about this model for the 6.5 creedmore.)

After many fail attempts, finally was able to get a warne 2 piece rail from amazon. Which not very satisfied as the scope/rings are limited to adjusting due to 2 piece rail but I can live with.

Warne's site gave suggested the wrong rail mounts and ordered those online which I had to return. Did end up getting in contact with Warne rep and they said that they just noticed the screw size difference and were working on updating the site.

So finally after all this, will get a chance to finally go tomorrow and see how it goes.