The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 18, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1
tchunter

thinking about a new shotgun

Its about time for me to upgrade my old shotgun (guns). I don't have the cash for the benelli super black eagle. How about the super nova pump? Anyone used one? Seems to be a quality gun for 500 bucks. I have always been a browning fan but like the looks of the benelli. Any info would be great. Oh ya, deer hunting and occasional skeet shooting. Will get both berols.
Old September 18, 2012, 08:42 PM   #2
BigJimP

Nothing wrong with the Nova or Super Nova...( chamber length is the biggest difference between them ) ....but nothing wrong with a number of pump guns ....like the Remington 870 Wingmaster or the Browning BPS either...
Old September 18, 2012, 09:01 PM   #3
TheKlawMan

tchunter, I may be thinking of some models other than the nova and supernova, but I see you know tha value of getting more than one barrel. It may be wise to make sure that you can get that second barrel; that it is not only available on paper but you can actually get it in a reasonable time. Better yet, maybe you can save some $$$ if you buy it at the same time as the gun.