The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 3, 2012, 05:22 AM   #1
Gunn Smithy

Nearby guided Pig Hunting?

I'm on disability and don't move around that easily sometimes using a cane/walker for assistance depending how my meds/pain stimulator is working that day. I live in Atwater, CA which is 60 miles north of Fresno on 99. Just about the center of California. Is there such a thing as hunting hogs from a blind? If so, where would be the closest location to do something such as that. One of my bucket list items is to be able to go hog hunting with my son before my health gets the better of me and I can't. Smithy.
Old February 3, 2012, 06:00 AM   #2
rickyrick

I can only answer a portion of your question as I know nothin of California.

But it is very possible to hunt pigs from a.blind. many people do it from a blind, but in many cases it turned from a deer hunt to a pig shoot.

In the southern US there are many guided pig hunt option, but as i said I know nothing about California.

I wish you luck in your search.
Old February 3, 2012, 06:31 AM   #3
"JJ"

I know of a place that could accommodate you here in Texas but, like Rick, I know nothing about CA.

If the place has any feeders that they regularly use they should be able to work in a ground blind!

Once you locate a local guide a quick phone call may be all that is needed to set up their FIRST ground blind hunt!
After all, they are their to make money!!

Good luck!
Old February 3, 2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Scorch

Look on the CA DFG web site for guides, make a few calls and get your answer. While a lot of pig hunting is spot and stalk, I have been on hunts where we sut sat and waited for them to come to us. One was at San Luis Reservoir, another at Goleta, both right there in your neighborhood.
Old February 5, 2012, 07:29 PM   #5
fatwhiteboy

Nessen Schmidt in King City, Calif...
Old March 4, 2012, 12:52 AM   #6
mannco

If your still searching...there's an outfit 20 miles west of Patterson and I-5 on Del Puerto Canyon Road called ...Broadside Boars Hunting Adventures. That's maybe an hour west of Atwater.

www.Broadsideboarshunting.com Johnny Rosca 916-813-1200

They have tree stands and blinds available, a couple are on the ranch photos. They offer 3 days/2 nites- $550 and lodging, heat & AC, showers and cleaning area, cooler, etc. Not to many outfits offer blinds in Cal., maybe on self hunt packages the guide can lead you to sit near water or a well traveled area. You can find more guides if you google 'wild boar guides in Cal.' or look up DFG. Good luck

Last edited by mannco; March 4, 2012 at 01:15 AM.