The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 28, 2019, 05:23 PM   #1
mellow_c

Need to know. CZ 75B vs Omega

I really need to hear some honest opinions about the regular CZ 75B trigger and the CZ 75B Omega triggers.

I know the Omega is a simplified trigger, and on the newest CZ 75B it has a straight section above the curve on the actual trigger, whereas the original triggers are one continuous curve (I think there were also some triggers in normal 75Bs that had the regular curve but were actually Omega triggers before they came out with the newer sharper looking 75B with the new sights and hammer, is that correct?)

I've heard that in single action the regular trigger has to somehow cam the hammer which leads to a more difficult to manage/less accurate trigger pull, but that this is not the case with the Omega.

I've also heard about the Omega possibly having issues with some kind of spring in the trigger group coming out of place if using certain magazines???

All I REALLY know, is that I want to hear about how they FEEL, which you prefer, and any other opinions or experiences you might have. (Also, how do you feel about the differences between the curved and straighter triggers aside from the standard or Omega factor?)

I'm not looking to upgrade the trigger in anyway, and would plan to leave everything stock.

I Just want to make sure I have a good trigger with a good feel that is reliable and not difficult to manage because of some weird additional movements. I am more concerned with single action than with double action.

Thanks!

P.S. The looks between the two pistols go to the standard CZ 75B in my opinion over the Omega. But I could live with either, I just want to pick one that feels and shoots the best, while maintaining absolute reliability.

Last edited by mellow_c; September 28, 2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old September 28, 2019, 08:52 PM   #2
DubC-Hicks

Between the two, if I had no plans of having a gunsmith clean up the trigger, I prefer the omega. I prefer the shape of the trigger, and the trigger has less creep.

The reason I bring up the gunsmith thing, is I remember hearing a while back that the omega trigger is harder to work on than the standard trigger. Not sure if that's the case now.
Old September 29, 2019, 11:12 AM   #3
Areoflyer09

My experience has been with tuned CZs. The Omegas just don’t clean up quite as nicely as the non-Omegas. Both end up with wonderful triggers, the non-Omegas just get a bit better.

If you leave it stock, the Omegas have seemed to have a bit better double action out of the box. I’ve not noticed major difference in the single actions between the models. It’s all very pistol specific though. Try before you buy.
Old September 29, 2019, 03:27 PM   #4
reddog81

I don’t know much about the Omegas, but I know the stock trigger on my 75 B really gave me problems with that cam in single action. I installed the Cajun gun works adjustable seat and hammer kit and it’s much better trigger and more accurate for me after that.

The Omega model definitely sounds interesting and like a good upgrade. Hopefully someone with experience on both can chime in and help you out. If I was buying one today I’m not sure what I’d do...
Old September 30, 2019, 05:41 AM   #5
mellow_c

Thanks for the responses so far.
Old September 30, 2019, 11:04 AM   #6
Skans

My CZ 75B's trigger from the factory has a little bit of "camming" to it. If I were to use this for competition, I'd need to have that addressed. I can't compare it to an Omega trigger, but I can compare it to my Tanfoglio Stock 10mm. While both have DA/SA triggers, the Tanfoglio trigger is superior.
Old September 30, 2019, 04:09 PM   #7
sevt_chevelle

I have both styles. If you plan on leaving it stock, IMO the Omega is smoother just a nicer slightly trigger.

On the other hand, a traditional CZ with a Cajun trigger is simply a thing of beauty.
Old October 1, 2019, 11:19 PM   #8
mellow_c

reddog81, how much did the adjustable sear and hammer cost? Was instal easy (I’m not afraid) did you have to “adjust” anything?
Old October 2, 2019, 07:18 AM   #9
TunnelRat

I think if you never intend to modify the trigger the Omega is the better option. Thing is, it's fun to work on CZs if you do like to tinker.

If you go the Cajun Gunworks route make sure you have a good starter punch, or buy one. They also make slave pins. Buy the slave pins. Make your life much easier. There are some YouTube videos as well as thread instructions on the CZ forums.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old December 24, 2020, 10:54 AM   #10
HighDesert

I’m reviving this old thread because I’ve had a chance to compare the Cajunized P-01 Omega side-by-side with a CZ Custom non-Omega and everyone in the gun store who compared the two said the same. CZC was awesome, but the Cajunized Omega was still a level above. CZC was still a bit spongy, albeit a fantastic trigger. I actually wouldn’t care which I had. Both were excellent.

Would have loved to try Cajunized Omega and non-Omega side-by-side, but that may be asking too much. From everything I’ve read and watched CZC and Cajunized are far too close to care, but you all here may have had different experiences?

For clarity, the Cajunized P-01 Omega had the standard carry upgrades and not any of the competition stuff. Essentially reach reduction kit, hammer, springs, etc. found in the 75700 kit.
Old December 24, 2020, 08:56 PM   #11
Fishbed77

I own CZs with both the original and Omega triggers. To me, the original has a crisper break, and the Omega is smoother. Other than that, I don’t really think about them much. They both work fine for defensive pistols. And I’m personally not much of a trigger snob.
Old December 26, 2020, 12:49 PM   #12
JDBerg

My CZ 75B needed the sights replaced before I did anything to the trigger. I had the CZ Custom F.O. Front & Blind Battlesight rears put on, and IMHO that was the big improvement to the way the gun shoots. I had the trigger worked by a local gunsmith back when I lived in SoCal (SD). BTW, replacing the stock ring hammer with the CZC Race hammer, helped the trigger pull. And that definitely improved the way the gun hit targets, but not nearly as much as the sight change.

Last edited by JDBerg; December 26, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
Old January 1, 2021, 06:30 PM   #13
briang2ad

All things equal I’d take the non omega in the 75b. The 75 with safety is pretty easy to work on yourself if you have any inclination for that. They can be tuned to an amazing extent. If you want or need a decocker the Omega is easier to deal with.