The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 11, 2017, 02:31 PM   #1
nanney1

End of year deals?

I've read that the end of December is a great time to find a year end closeout deal on firearms.

What are typical examples of what might be found online in a couple of weeks with popular handgun models based on previous years?
Old December 11, 2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Dufus

I can't say that I have ever seen any "end of year deals".
Old December 11, 2017, 03:58 PM   #3
BBarn

Sometimes there will be good prices on discontinued product if a particular retailer (either online or brick-and-mortar) has excess inventory of the product. Other times prices are reduced if a retailer has decided to stop carrying a product (say for next year). But you can't count on it, nor is it very predictable.
Old December 11, 2017, 03:59 PM   #4
JDBerg

The LGS’s tend to load up their used gun shelves since a lot of people wil come in to sell off stuff to raise cash for the holidays. I’m always on the lookout for firearms deals right after XMAS.
Old December 11, 2017, 05:25 PM   #5
BigJimP

The big box stores ( Cabelas, etc ) ....all run Xmas deals.../ ..on production level guns.../ look at their website, you might find something you like.

I don't really compare a lot of prices on production level guns...but you could print their add info...and shop online or with other local stores.../ maybe the deals are sponsored by the mfg's, I don't know...