The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 13, 2017, 05:06 PM   #26
Charlie98

...BTW... that looks like a Kimber Eclipse, nice choice. I have the Pro Eclipse II (4")

"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"
"That is my least vulnerable spot."
Old December 13, 2017, 07:54 PM   #27
Damon555

Yes sir Charlie....It's an Eclipse Custom II....one of my "never sell" guns!
Old December 13, 2017, 11:50 PM   #28
Charlie98

I joke about having married and divorced 2 different 1911's until I met Mrs Right... and we are still happily married 15 years later. She is beautiful, and makes me look good in front of everyone, and make everyone look good who 'handles' her.

No, it's not for sale. Evarrrrrr.

"I have this pistol pointed at your heart!"
"That is my least vulnerable spot."
Old December 28, 2017, 07:41 PM   #29
drobs

I got tired of casing up everything and driving anywhere from 20 minutes to the indoor pistol range, to an hour plus, for an outdoor rifle range.

So I bought a house with land that would allow me to have my own range. Now I just walk out the back door.

And for the safety nazi's there is a big hill behind the targets.
Old December 28, 2017, 10:05 PM   #30
reynolds357

I don't keep many guns out of the safe at one time. Too many auto entering thieves around here.
Old December 29, 2017, 04:11 PM   #31
buck460XVR

Just last night I was watching one of those gun rag for T.V. shows(may have even been GOG T.V.) and they were showing what they take in their range bag. Lotta of the same stuff I do and a lotta stuff I don't. What we take and how we take it can be determined how others do it or what we have figured out works the best for us. I tend to go with the latter. Experience has shown me what I need and what I need to have back-ups of. I myself use a rolling tool bag and a portable fold-up wagon to get all of my crap from the back of the Jeep to the shooting bench. Sometimes I even take a portable bench, depending on where I am shooting. If it works for you and you are happy with it, go for it, the others be damned.
Old December 29, 2017, 05:05 PM   #32
jimbob86

Quote:
Ummm, no way can I be the only one who thinks the pictured method is simply a horrendous idea.
Dunno 'bout "horrendous", but there will be some unnecessary scratches from that ....

I stopped trying to take so many to the range at once..... just shoot the few that I do take that much more ..... less cleaning if I only take 4 pistols and a couple of rifles .....

Last edited by jimbob86; December 29, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
Old December 29, 2017, 08:56 PM   #33
James K
Member In Memoriam

"Too many guns."

It is not always a good idea to take so many guns out at a time, especially in some areas. Bad guys have been known to hang out at ranges looking for folks with a lot of guns; they then get the license number of the car, use it to find the owners' address, and come calling.

Sure, I know "I can deal with home invaders, bring them on" line, but it is a lot better to not excite things in the first place. Worse, a large number of guns in some areas will attract police attention, and we have too many overzealous cops who think anyone who owns guns is either a cop or a criminal, and that is not good either.

Jim
Old December 29, 2017, 09:11 PM   #34
jimbob86

Quote:
It is not always a good idea to take so many guns out at a time, especially in some areas.
It is good that I do not live in such a place ..... I shoot on private land, mostly, with people known to me ....kids, mostly !

Quote:
we have too many overzealous cops who think anyone who owns guns is either a cop or a criminal, and that is not good either.
" Not good" ..... is an serious understatement ..... at least the thugs are just being thugs .... the policemen that have lost their principles (Peelian ) are a greater threat to civil order than any thug, or group of thugs. They give the impression that they feel they are just members of a publicly financed gang .... they undermine the confidence of the community in the police ..... without which, there is no chance of an ordered civil society .....
Old December 31, 2017, 11:58 AM   #35
buck460XVR

delete

Last edited by buck460XVR; December 31, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old December 31, 2017, 11:03 PM   #36
James K
Member In Memoriam

I wouldn't go as far as Jimbob86 (I have been an LEO), but I do know some cops who believe that only police should have guns and would assume that anyone else with a gun is a criminal and a danger to them. I was once told that police in one city have orders to shoot anyone they see with a gun who is not a cop. While I doubt any department would put that in writing, I know some police who act as if it were.

That is one reason I strongly oppose the idea of open carry for "civilians", licensed or not.

Jim
Old January 1, 2018, 12:40 AM   #37
GarandTd

What city? I don't want to go there, regardless of my carry habits.
Old January 1, 2018, 01:12 AM   #38
jimbob86

Quote:
I was once told that police in one city have orders to shoot anyone they see with a gun who is not a cop. While I doubt any department would put that in writing, I know some police who act as if it were.

That is one reason I strongly oppose the idea of open carry for "civilians", licensed or not.
So we must surrender our Freedoms because somebody has the idea that he's a Cop and everybody else is either also a Cop, a Robber or Scenery? You wonder why folks in high crime areas don't trust the police.... If we ashcan the bad actors and get them off the street, regardless of what gang affiliation (and that's EXACTLY what I feel those kind of "policemen" are- gangsters.... just better financed, organized, and supported than the Crips or Bloods, but not as well as MS-13, or the various Cartels .....) they have ..... these turds undermine the Public's confidence in anyone that wears the same uniform ..... it is the dedicated Peace Officer that should be the most hacked off about these people, as they must bear the guilt by association .... and why they tolerate them is beyond me.
Old January 1, 2018, 01:16 AM   #39
jimbob86

Quote:
What city? I don't want to go there, regardless of my carry habits.
Old January 1, 2018, 01:22 AM   #40
GarandTd

I'm not a city person either, but I see the deterioration of civil society everywhere.
Old January 1, 2018, 01:31 AM   #41
Sevens

If you want to see deterioration, see how this thread has evolved.