The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 8, 2017, 09:16 AM   #51
rodfac

Quote:
637 airweight .38 spl
a good choice but tough to shoot well without considerable practice. My wife carries one frequently...light, powerful for its size, good ammunition for SD readily available...it about has it all covered. And BTW, the exposed hammer does not hinder her draw/presentation movement. She uses a Galco pocket holster or a OWB open top rig. Equipped with the issue rubber S&W stocks, it's good to go, or refit with a set of Crimson Trace laser's, it fits her hand to perfection. Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old December 9, 2017, 02:39 PM   #52
kenny53

My first serious CCW was a Glock 19. This was before all the generations. It is a very good pistol. With the revolver you point pull the trigger and fire, with the Glock you have to point pull the trigger and fire up to 15 times. I find Semi autos carry better than revolvers. That is my opinion. I carry IWB with a pocket carry as a backup.