The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 13, 2013, 12:40 PM   #26
donaldc134

Well I just got done replacing the third deprimer for 223 . All GFL brass,then I noticed that the flash hole wasn't centered. One was square,1015 were VERY close to the edge and 40-50 were off enough that I wont try to reload them. Guess if your just shooting them and not reloading they aren't bad but as far as reloading I'll be looking out for them!
Old September 22, 2017, 03:53 PM   #27
tfeasel1

impressed

I've been reloading some fiocchi a friend gave me, every 4 reloads I've been annealing it and I'm in 9th reload of this stuff. It seems to be excellent brass, I even bought 500 rounds of 308 fiocchi in 150gr bullets dirt cheap just so I could have the brass.
Old September 22, 2017, 07:29 PM   #28
hdwhit

Quote:
MJ Flores wrote:
Fiocchi brass (stamped GFL) any good?
I have GFL headstamp brass among both my 223 and 9mm cases. I haven't noticed it being any different from the other headstamps that I have.

It's kind of a 223 of one, 556 of another sort of thing.
Old September 23, 2017, 01:24 AM   #29
DaleA

Well, it's an old thread...maybe Fiocchi got their act together.
Old September 23, 2017, 04:58 AM   #30
armoredman

Zombie thread! FWIW, I have Fiocchi 7.62x39mm brass and they have the same extremely tight primer pockets.
Old September 23, 2017, 08:09 AM   #31
hounddawg

Quote:
Well, it's an old thread...maybe Fiocchi got their act together

well as far as .223 they don't seem to have gotten any better since this thread was made. I bought a tub of 240 loaded .223 a few months back to break in a new AR that I had put together. It had some minor leakage issues on the gas block and I was looking for a easy fix. A friend recommended I shoot some Fiocchi through it because Fiocchi is known to be a dirty shooter and would help seal the gas block. It worked like a champ and within 50 rounds the gun was cycling perfectly.

I reloaded it this week after burning through my AR stash but I doubt I will push it through more than 2 or 3 reloadings. I will be keeping a close eye on the primer pockets and the flash holes are all over the place. It's works as spray and pray fodder but I would not buy any unfired new brass made by them, nor would I dig around in the weeds to find any of the fired stuff

Last edited by hounddawg; September 23, 2017 at 08:18 AM.
Old September 25, 2017, 10:59 AM   #32
Mike Irwin
Staff

Yes. Very good brass. I have some .38 Specials that have probably close to 30 loadings on them.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.