The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 1, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1
handermanntr

Ruger SR9c 9MM 17 Round Magazine Question

I was wondering if anyone has a ruger SR9c and has used the 17 Round magazine without the magazine adapter. I want to know if it works reliably in that configuration or not. By the way, I know you can do so with many other guns, namely glocks, but I am asking about this one specifically because it says that you should use it to ensure reliable feeding in the manual. I am just unsure if it says that just because they are paranoid. If you have one, and have done it, please let me know how it worked. I am going to try it in a few weeks, bu t would like to know before then. Thanks!!!!
Old January 2, 2013, 01:35 AM   #2
tahunua001

I have done so with both of the 17 rounders I have with the SR9C with no issues. I just prefer the full length grip feel so I use the extension sleeves.
Old January 2, 2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Pico

Used without adapter

I've used the 17 rounder on the SR9C with and without the adapter and it works fine but it gives a more seamless grip and a better feel overall. With the adapter is the best way to roll.

Mine slipped around though when the mag was out of the gun. If I had not traded my gun, I would have glued the adapter to the mag with Gorilla glue or something similar.

Pico
Old January 2, 2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Idaho Spud

With or without the sleeve mine has never failed in any way. Be careful about pinching your hand with fast reloads with the spacer attached, though! It happens. I carry mine with 10 rounder in gun and the 17 in a pouch sans spacer. Use spacer at range.

Tags
9mm , magazine , pistol , ruger , ruger sr9c