The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old February 29, 2008, 04:42 PM   #1
robin48

Budsgunshop.com

Has anyone dealt with these guys? If so how were they? Thanks
Old February 29, 2008, 04:46 PM   #2
jwxspoon

A lot of folks have used them. I have tried to deal with them twice; once I emailed and got no response, the second time was on the phone and they were very brusque, almost rude. I ended up just buying locally.

I still check their prices when I need a benchmark, though.

jw
Old February 29, 2008, 05:11 PM   #3
jrfoxx

I ordered my Busmaster from them.Did everything online in 5 minutes, wit no calls or emails needed for me.Gun was shipped within a week, just like they said, and arrived fine.It was a no muss, no fuss transacion. I'd glady oreder from them again
Old February 29, 2008, 05:14 PM   #4
hoytinak

I've bought 4 firearms from them without any problems. Got each one within a week of ordering it.
Old February 29, 2008, 05:19 PM   #5
VinnyT

I've bought 12 thru them. Every transaction perfect.

Old February 29, 2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Kreyzhorse

I just realised that Bud's is about 50 miles or so from where I live.... I smell a ROAD TRIP (when I'm out of the doghouse due to my last gun purchase that is!)

Next up...... mouse gun!
Old February 29, 2008, 08:32 PM   #7
Jacobie

I have never ordered anything online from them, but it is only like an hour away from me. I go up there about once a month to make a few purchases, and they have always been great to deal with.
Old March 1, 2008, 08:20 AM   #8
Tomac

I just received my first purchase from them, a case of 5.7x28 ammo, and had no problems at all.
Tomac
Old March 1, 2008, 09:38 AM   #9
jpr9954

I bought an EoTech 512 from them. I did the whole transaction through email and everything went just fine.

John
Old March 1, 2008, 10:04 AM   #10
Diesel1

I bought 2 S&W M&P's from them and everything went fine.
Old March 1, 2008, 06:29 PM   #11
senior
Member In Memoriam

buds

bought 2 .38s from them, each was just a little over a week counting time for my M.O. to get there and receiving my guns, good prices from what i understand and very nice folks to deal with
Old March 1, 2008, 09:01 PM   #12
krimmie

Two separate transactions, both without a hitch.
Old March 1, 2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Rebailey

Bud's

I've bought five guns from them the last two years and all sales were fine.
Old March 2, 2008, 02:04 PM   #14
MrAnteater

The salesman on the phone at Bud's was very friendly.

I ordered 3 guns and they shipped out right away.

My experience was very good.
Old March 22, 2008, 09:54 AM   #15
Michael Ragsdale

In the last year or so I have bought five different firearms from them, all online, and all without a hitch, and will gladly deal with them again and again.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old March 22, 2008, 11:22 AM   #16
ssilicon

So they have the guns they are selling, or do they take your order then order it from their supplier?
Old March 22, 2008, 07:23 PM   #17
Michael Ragsdale

When you click on a specific item, it will tell you whether it is in stock or not; some items are out of stock or special order (but the majority are in stock, as they have a physical storefront ... they're not just mail order).

You can sign up to be notified when an out of stock item is available.

Of all the guns I've bought (at least seven in the last 2 years), they were all in stock and at my FFL within a week.

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old March 26, 2008, 03:44 PM   #18
Largestal

Great bunch of folks. Shot there Monday night and also picked up a new gun while I was there. Good prices and knowledgable.

Just waiting on Uncle George to send me my $600 so I can stimulate the economy with accessories, ammo and maybe a Buckmark.
Old March 28, 2008, 08:52 PM   #19
birdzman

I have made 1 gun purchase, and 2 purchases of supplies, no problems arrived on time as ordered. John
Old March 28, 2008, 08:55 PM   #20
hoytinak

Just ordered my 5th firearm from them yesterday (another Glock 19). Everyone has been a smooth transaction.
Old March 28, 2008, 10:30 PM   #21
Battle_sight_zero

Buds Guns

I have used them to buy several guns. I even used there no interest credit two times which I would payoff before any interest was owed. Customer service is hit and miss. Brandon when he answered was the best of the bunch since he seem like he enjoyed helping people. However the lack of returned e-mails and calls sent me to another dealer. I now use mil-spec- tactical( [email protected] )based in Viginia for the same type or better deals. Tim Barber runs the business and goes the extra miles for his customers. I have got a Mark 12, Beowulf and several Armalites from this dealer with no hassles and at the same price or better than Buds. Mil Tech even has the same credit plan as Buds. I like it when a business appreciates the fact that you are spending your hard earned bucks at thier store. Sadly most of the local dealers in the Denver metro dont even care or even compete well with the online market. If you drop a grand or two on a firearm you would hope that business you are dealing with would care and try to be competive.
Old April 6, 2008, 03:26 PM   #22
Homeseller

Bud's

Great reputation in Kentucky-I purchased a shotgun from them 3 years ago from one of the online auction sites. The only hangup was they didn't have it in stock-took a week for them to get it in. They are only 1 hour away from my home in Northern Kentucky, so I just drove down and picked it up. Very cordial employees!

Hubert H. Humphrey
Old April 6, 2008, 11:12 PM   #23
ssilicon

Quote:
Great reputation in Kentucky-I purchased a shotgun from them 3 years ago from one of the online auction sites. The only hangup was they didn't have it in stock-took a week for them to get it in.
How is it you can post an auction for something you don't even have? Unless things have changed, the auction sites I know about specifically require that you actually possess and can provide the thing being auctioned.

For example, don't auction 10 if you only have 5.
Old April 7, 2008, 01:59 AM   #24
HOGGHEAD

Gun Shop

I tried to buy a Tikka Pro Varminter off of them a couple of weeks ago. My question to them was what was the twist rate. The Pro Varminter is available with two different twist rates. They told me they did not know what the twist was and that I had to contact the mfr. How would the mfr. know what twist they had?? I spent a couple of day's trying to figure out the twist rate on the one they had. A friend from a different site went to their shop and looked at the rifle(which was what I asked them to do!!), and it was the twist I wanted. I decided to buy the rifle from them, they did have a great price. I called back four times the next day and got caught up in a phone answering machine loop. They never did answer. I bought else where. May be it was just bad luck. Tom.
Old April 7, 2008, 01:23 PM   #25
UniversalFrost

Did a purchase of 2 guns from them in February.

Weatherby Sub-MOA was cheaper than my dealers distributor can get. Even with the FFL transfer fees and expedited shipping (will mention this later) I came out cheaper than my FFL could have gotten at his cost.

Taurus 605 arrived on time and as described. Price was good, but only little better than locally.

Now, I don't think I will make my next purchase with them because of the slow (if ever) replies to my calls or emails. Also, they listed the Weatherby in stock, but it took almost 2 weeks before they even listed it as being in the stage of shipping. I ended up paying $30 extra to ship two day so I could get the gun before I left for my TDY. I spoke with the guys on the phone and all were helpful,but only one admitted the gun had been out of stock when I ordered.

Their prices are good, but only a few are really super, and with the promise of fast shipping and then sitting on the order for 2 weeks made me second think going back to them.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green