The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old December 28, 2010, 06:32 PM   #1
tornthumb

CZ-82

The Cz-82 is new to me. The Magazine will only release with the slide locked back. Is this normal? I saw some vids and they seemed to eject the mag at will. As you can see this is my first post here. Maybe this goes to the gunsmith group? Thanks
Old December 28, 2010, 07:03 PM   #2
RJay

The magazine should drop with or with out the slide locked back. Does it do this with other magazines?
Old December 28, 2010, 07:07 PM   #3
tornthumb

Yes, both mags will not eject w/o slide back. Any ideas?
Old December 28, 2010, 09:53 PM   #4
noelf2

I looked at mine to see how this could happen. The only thing I can think of is the trigger guard. When it's open (like you are going to remove the slide), it pivots into the mag well and could put pressure on the mag. If your trigger guard isn't closing all the way, I can see how this could cause your problem. Take the mag out, and clear the gun (unloaded). Ensure the hammer is down. Open the trigger guard like you are going to remove the slide. Push the trigger guard down again, maybe open and close it several times. Look in the mag well with a flashlight and see the mag release. With the trigger guard closed, the part of the trigger guard that pivots into the mag well should be flush with the mag well so as not to put pressure on the mag. What do you see?
Old December 29, 2010, 07:58 AM   #5
tornthumb

Wow I think that could be the reason. The problem really started after I cleaned it. Can`t wait to try your idea this afternoon.
Thanks a lot!
Old December 29, 2010, 06:17 PM   #6
tornthumb

Yup that is the problem. Have`nt come up with a fix yet but... Thanks a lot
Old December 29, 2010, 11:05 PM   #7
Clark500

Quote:
Yup that is the problem. Have`nt come up with a fix yet but... Thanks a lot
The problem is that the trigger guard will not stay latched in the "up" position?

If so, the small catch at the front of the guard that keeps it latched has probably broken off. I had to replace the guard on mine for that very reason.
Old January 5, 2011, 04:49 PM   #8
tornthumb

Well Clark you have the answer. It took me a while to examine what was going on. In the mean time I ordered another from a different dealer and it arrived today. Guess what....Same issue. I am returning it for an exchange. We`ll see how that goes. I guess the search is on for a guard. You think you buy cheap but it cost in the long run. Cz82 is a cool pistol though. Just that it was my first C&R purchase.
Old January 5, 2011, 05:42 PM   #9
Clark500

Tornthumb,

I could not locate a guard for mine. You may be able to get a guard for a CZ-83 from CZ, but who knows what they would charge. It has a different profile than the 82 guard, but I suspect it might work. I ended up getting a parts pistol from Century to fix mine.
Old January 5, 2011, 06:24 PM   #10
tornthumb

I have found good disassembly instructions. I think I will play gunsmith and see what I can do.
Old January 17, 2011, 09:44 PM   #11
tornthumb

A update on the returned Cz82. Another CZ arrived today. Trigger guard is very tight and the mag releases as it should. Cosmetically it is better but the grips are marked up and it has 3 little x`s scratched into the grip at the right trigger finger groove Three scalps? One of the pins in the frame has been replaced with a roll pin, looks funny seeing thru the hole. NO import ser # etched in the grip like on my other CZ82. I have 2 now. I have a Rom Tok and a Nagant as my first C&R Lic purchase`s. I bought a supposed H&R break top revolver but I dont really know what it is. I will start a new thread after I get some pics.