The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 13, 2006, 02:43 AM   #1
Wisby

Where to Hunt in Bremerton Wa

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm trying to figure out where I can hunt in or around Kitsap county. I'm looking for a website that can tell me where public land is and stuff like that or maybe someone on this site could help me out.

I've tried good ole google but I haven't found the correct key words yet.
Old August 13, 2006, 11:18 AM   #2
davlandrum

Ft. Lewis ( I know it is across the bridge) allows hunting. Has some big (realitively) deer.

Have you tried department of fish and wildlife?
Old August 13, 2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Wisby

I was on the Department of Fish and Wildlife website most of the night, last night. I'm still trying to sort out the GMU's and which ones are close to me and all the Regs. I'm going to stop off at Wal-Mart here in a bit to pick up a Reg book.
Old August 13, 2006, 09:05 PM   #4
moose fat

Used to hunt in Jefferson and Clallam Counties and a little around North Kitsap Co.

The other side of Hood Canal. the whole of the Olympic Peninsula, except for park land. Find a logging road, used to be able to drive from Quilcine to Port Angeles on logging roads. You can cover lots of ground road hunting or find a likely clear cut and still hunt.

The forest service has maps too.
Old August 14, 2006, 04:06 PM   #5
jhgreasemonkey

Yeah Olympic National Forest is huge and good hunting. I also thought there was state forest out there in Belfair/Gorst. You can hunt that also and its closer. Just make sure to read the reg book really well because they will fine you for darn near anything in Western Wa. And now they tack on a $2000 dollar wildlife fine for illegal hunting activity. Also you might want to pay a visit to the kitsap gun club and talk to some people there. Maby you can hook up with someone for hunting that knows the area and regs.
Old August 14, 2006, 05:17 PM   #6
mgdavis

Tahuya is out past Belfair. It is state land. Check the DNR website for more state lands. I've been deer hunting on Vashon Island IIRC.
Old November 20, 2011, 09:17 PM   #7
hangfire68

Where to Hunt in Bremerton Wa

I do not think you can hunt in Bremerton, although you can hunt in unit 627. Kitsap county has plenty of public land. I hunt in North Kitsap county. If you live on NSB Bangor, I can only think you are active-duty. In which case, you can hunt on NSB Bangor.
mgdavis suggested Tahyua . . great around the tree-farms and Vashon Is. I know this post is real late, accept it may help someone.
Happiness is a warm gut-pile on a cold day
Old November 20, 2011, 09:37 PM   #8
30Cal

I used to hunt in Tahulya, and some of the Polk land just across the Hood Canal bridge near horseshoe lake. I also went a couple times across from the delta pier at Bangor (Dabob? Coyle Rd--was a chunk of USN property back in the late 90's--probably still is).