The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 11, 2002, 07:01 PM   #1
MeekAndMild

Leupold 3x9x50

I just ordered a Leupold Vari.X.II from CDNN Investments for $269. The question is was this a good deal or a ripoff? These scopes are getting hard to find now that the III models are coming in.
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old July 25, 2002, 11:12 PM   #2
RevNate

If that is the scope you wanted, I would say you got a great deal. I, too am partial to the Vari-X IIs (good scope, good price). I was looking for one back in March to put on a new rifle when I discovered they had been discontinued. I found a new matte 3-9x50 for $325. I was and still am pleased with that deal, so $270 sounds pretty good.

Nate
Old July 26, 2002, 04:35 AM   #3
SnakeLover

If you bought it new, then I'd agree that you got a good price. Most of the VX II's that I've seen advertised in your price range were the 3x9x40, not 3x9x50. However, until you mount it and shoot with it, it's all relative. Hope it works well for you. Good shooting.

Snake
Old July 27, 2002, 02:51 AM   #4
Chugach

I think you got an excellent deal! The "new for 2002" VX-II's come with 1/4 minute click adjustments and perhaps a significant difference in lens coating. That's not worth another $50 - $70 to me over a tried and true design. You've bought a 50mm objective lens for 40mm cost, and you'll be passing your scope on to your grandkids if you exercise normal care.

My experience with both CDNN and Leupold has been very good.