The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old July 9, 2017, 11:58 AM   #126
Cirdan

I think they're of real use to firing ranges. The ones I've been to charge up to, or over $200 for the full auto "experience."

With a cycle rate of 300 - 600 rounds per minute a 30 round mag lasts 5 - 10 seconds. If I'm going to pay $200 for 5 seconds of fun, there better be a naked woman in the room. . .
Old July 9, 2017, 03:10 PM   #127
Eod1

Full autos in the right hands trained to use them are good. I believe the public should be able to own anything the military has. If you have the money to own one then u have the money to train with one. If all u want to do is train for defence ok.If you want to be the aggressor ok. Just remember the first one on target WINS, and if u have multiple u make sure u r the only one left stamding. When full auto goes off most people take cover. Its just enough time to take control of the situation.
Old July 9, 2017, 04:52 PM   #128
tangolima

Trained to be the agressor? I don't think it is any part of our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I am done here. So long gentlemen.

-TL
Old July 9, 2017, 05:15 PM   #129
Don Fischer

The M-16 and the M2 carbine, full auto version of the M-1 carbine, had the same rate of fire. I don't recall what it was but I really set me back. M-1 carbine had a 10rd magazine, put it in an M-2 and 10 rds don't go far. Seem like the M-16 had a 20 round mag, on full auto we shot three round burst's. Just let it go and you'd be out of ammo so fast your head would spin. But there are situation's where full auto could be handy but they. The few time's I've shot the M-16 on full auto, it was fired from the waist tnd off hand on the barrel guard. The thing on full auto climbed.
Old July 9, 2017, 06:02 PM   #130
Eod1

While pulling the trigger. On average saying squeeze and release should get u 5 to 6 rounds at a time. Its all about trigger control