The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 19, 2018, 03:07 PM   #1
nanney1

G19 or CZ 75 compact

Thinking about selling my Glock 19 Gen4 and using the cash toward a CZ75 Compact.

I like the Glock 19, but I currently have 4 Glocks and it is my least favorite. I prefer shooting my G22 and G27 in .40 S&W and prefer to carry my G43. The G19 is my backup carry pistol, but the G27 could move into the back up spot.

I don't believe in keeping every gun I buy just because. And I think the CZ 75C would be more fun at the range. I have previously shot a a CZ 75B which I enjoyed shooting. And I probably could benefit from having something other than just Glocks. Maybe broaden my horizons.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.
Old September 19, 2018, 03:08 PM   #2
TunnelRat

Sure, but if it's just for the range and not for carry it wouldn't have to be the CZ75 Compact. You could go with a larger model.
Maintain situational awareness
Old September 19, 2018, 03:55 PM   #3
mdThanatos

I definitely prefer the CZ over the Glock. I have shot both full size and compacts of each brand and my preference is the CZ.
Old September 19, 2018, 04:34 PM   #4
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanney1:
I like the Glock 19, but I currently have 4 Glocks and it is my least favorite.
OK, so you’re the one who likes the .40S&W “G’s” better than the 19 - LOL!

I can’t possibly say anything bad about my own CZ-75B 9mm. But if you could test fire a CZ-75B Compact alongside a CZ P-01, and then prefer shooting the Compact, then you have made the right choice! I had a Compact, didn’t care for it, never handled for me as well as my full size 75B did. I will always have my own P-01. I wouldn’t trade away my own Gen3 Glock 19. However, I would trade another Glock 19 for a P-01, but not for a Compact! YMMV, and that is always OK!
Old September 19, 2018, 05:04 PM   #5
DaleA

Quote:
I don't believe in keeping every gun I buy just because.
I, on the other hand am a loyal follower of "Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!"

And it's not "JUST BECAUSE"!!!

For every gun I've ever bought there was a REASON!

Maybe I can't REMEMBER the reason, and maybe it was not a GOOD reason, but I trust myself that there must have been SOME reason or I wouldn't have bought it and I'm not going to second guess my inner gun buyer.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

YMMV.
Good luck.
Old September 19, 2018, 05:07 PM   #6
jmr40

If you're not using it sell it and use the funds to buy something you will. But I wouldn't trade a Glock for 3 CZ's.

Winston Churchill
Old September 19, 2018, 05:41 PM   #7
nanney1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr40 View Post
If you're not using it sell it and use the funds to buy something you will. But I wouldn't trade a Glock for 3 CZ's.
Interesting, why do you prefer Glocks so much over CZ?
Old September 19, 2018, 06:00 PM   #8
smee78

If ya don't like it then trade or sell it to someone who likes them. I love my 19's and would not ever get rid of them. I am curious why the compact size CZ?
Old September 19, 2018, 06:07 PM   #9
nanney1

Quote:
Originally Posted by smee78 View Post
If ya don't like it then trade or sell it to someone who likes them. I love my 19's and would not ever get rid of them. I am curious why the compact size CZ?
I guess because the compact is similar in size to the G19? I don't know that I prefer the compact over the full size. Just seemed like a better comparison

If I had said Glock 19 or CZ 75B, would more be in favor of the CZ?
Old September 19, 2018, 06:56 PM   #10
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanney1:
If I had said Glock 19 or CZ 75B, would more be in favor of the CZ?
I own both, I like both, so I’ll continue to own & shoot both. Obviously, these are 2 very different firearms. The Glock 19 is a carry gun that shoots great at the range. The full size CZ-75B is a better range gun that I personally do not use for carry, although I certainly could do so if I wanted to. The Glock 19 definitely sees more range time, but I do shoot the CZ regularly.
Old September 19, 2018, 07:04 PM   #11
jr24

Sure, if you dont like the 19 and aren't using it anyway why not.

Just do yourself a favor and check out the CZ P07 as well. I've found that fits my Glock and 1911 loving hands better than the 75 compact. Full size 75, no problem but the compact beavertail geometry pinches on my high grip and is uncomfortable.
Old September 20, 2018, 07:44 PM   #12
2wheelwander

I bought a G22 20+ years ago after a ton of research and comparisons. I still like the gun.

Today its still my only Glock and I have 5 CZ's. The PCR being hands down my favorite. That gun rocks and I enjoy carrying it. Comfortable, very accurate, very capable.
Old September 20, 2018, 09:33 PM   #13
Leaf

I prefer a CZ over a glock almost any day of the week. Frankly speaking however, I'd regret getting rid of the glock just to buy the CZ. Keep in mind, I generally regret having sold almost all firearms I've released from my captivity.
Old September 21, 2018, 03:09 PM   #14
stangbangr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBerg View Post
I own both, I like both, so I’ll continue to own & shoot both. Obviously, these are 2 very different firearms. The Glock 19 is a carry gun that shoots great at the range. The full size CZ-75B is a better range gun that I personally do not use for carry, although I certainly could do so if I wanted to. The Glock 19 definitely sees more range time, but I do shoot the CZ regularly.

Same.
Old September 21, 2018, 05:13 PM   #15
4V50 Gary
Staff

Steel is real (and I'm old fashion). CZ compact.
Old September 21, 2018, 11:04 PM   #16
HistoryJunky

I would trade a Glock for a CZ in a heartbeat. I own the P07 Gen2 and a 85B. Both are very reliable, easy to shoot, and accurate.

And they don't feel like the grip is a 2x4. I would definitely go with the CZ Compact over the G19. But you said you already have a bunch of Glocks, so maybe you like the 2x4 grip?

That being said, I own a Gen4 G26 that I carry frequently. Only because CZ, does not make a decent ambi-friendly subcompact.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old September 21, 2018, 11:43 PM   #17
tallball

Admittedly, I've never shot a G19 or a CZ75 compact.

However, I do own a G22, G26, and G43. I also have five full-sized CZ's in various calibers.

The Glocks are good, but the CZ's are my favorite service pistols of many. If you're probably not going to carry it, I would highly recommend the full-sized CZ.

Can't you just stick a medium-sized magazine in your G27 if you want a larger carry pistol? That's what I do with my G26. You can even buy a plastic piece for a few dollars to cover up the little gap (I got mine from Amazon).
Old September 22, 2018, 07:26 AM   #18
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanney1 View Post
Thinking about selling my Glock 19 Gen4 and using the cash toward a CZ75 Compact.

I like the Glock 19, but I currently have 4 Glocks and it is my least favorite. I prefer shooting my G22 and G27 in .40 S&W and prefer to carry my G43. The G19 is my backup carry pistol, but the G27 could move into the back up spot.

I don't believe in keeping every gun I buy just because. And I think the CZ 75C would be more fun at the range. I have previously shot a a CZ 75B which I enjoyed shooting. And I probably could benefit from having something other than just Glocks. Maybe broaden my horizons.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.
Under these circumstances, sell the G19 & fund the CZ.
Old September 24, 2018, 09:06 AM   #19
Fishbed77

Quote:
And I think the CZ 75C would be more fun at the range.
If it's just for the range, why not a full-size CZ-75B?
Old September 24, 2018, 07:29 PM   #20
Carl the Floor Walker

Get the CZ!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 24, 2018, 07:48 PM   #21
Brownstone322

I have a Gen 4 Glock 19 and a CZ 75 D PCR Compact. If I had to have one and only one, I'd keep the Glock.

Why so? The Glock is functionally flawless, assuming you're comfortable with the Glock feel and grip angle (many people are not). I like the CZ too, but my issues with it are ...

• The narrow side is kinda hard to rack, especially in combination with the stiff recoil spring.

• DA/SA is complicated complicated to a Glock.

I love compacts in general, and I'd keep them both. If you literally mean you want the CZ 75 Compact model, beware that it's all steel, so it's much heavier than your G19, and even though it's DA/SA, you have to lower the hammer manually, which I don't like. On the other hand, it has an external safety, so you can carry it cocked and locked if you care to.

Anyway, make sure you also consider the PCR (aluminum frame/decocker), the P-01 (aluminum frame/rail/decocker), and the P-07 (polymer frame/rail/decocker/wider, easier-to-manipulate slide).

I'm keeping my PCR (indeed it's fun to shoot), and I kinda want a P-07 too.