The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old March 21, 2020, 04:42 AM   #1
Gary Slider

Handugnlaw.us. . . WV. . . All States. . . Grace Periods to Renew

West Virginia - SB46 has been signed by the Governor. It has removed Pepper Spray from the state definition of Lethal Weapon. Those 16 years of age or older can carry it as a defensive tool. The only restriction is you can’t carry on the Capitol Grounds a container of more than 1 oz of pepper spray. This new law doesn’t go into effect until 5/11/20. http://www.wvlegislature.gov/Bill_Te...SUB1%20enr.pdf

All States – Seems like the virus has caused a lot of states to postpone their legislature to a later date with a few adjourning. This has caused a pause in all bills both pro and anti gun being considered in some states. Handgunlaw.us is wondering if the HUGE increase in Gun Sales will have any effect on those Legislatures who return after this disruption. Time will tell.

Some Sheriffs have suspended accepting permit applications. Not only can new applicants not get their permit but those with permits for years can’t renew. One major problem for those renewing is that some states give a grace period to renew and some are considering honoring permits that have expired since the virus outbreak to remain valid for a period of time. This is all well and good if the permit holder stays in the state the permit was issued in but don’t think the states that honor that permit will honor that grace period. Law Enforcement looks at a permit and if it is expired it is not valid in their eyes. They can’t know about every states grace periods etc etc. Use caution if you go out of state with a permit that is expired but your state has extended the validity of your permit/license.

I also noticed early this morning (3/21/2020) that www.handgunlaw.us is offline due to Over Bandwidth. I have informed Steve of this problem. Looks like people are stealing our bandwidth again. Last time this happened a computer was downloading several documents every 10 seconds 24 hours a day using up all our bandwidth . Doesn‘t take long to go over the amount of bandwidth we purchase when they do that. It takes time to track down the person doing this and blocking them. Hopefully this will not take long.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old March 27, 2020, 01:41 PM   #2
RETG

No postponement of new handgun laws in Idaho,

Today the governor signed a bill allowing anyone, who is 18 years or older, a legal resident of the United States, and who can legally own a gun, to carry concealed in the state of Idaho.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Visitors to Idaho 18 and over who can legally possess firearms will be allowed to carry a concealed handgun without a permit or training within city limits under legislation signed into law by Gov. Brad Little.

The Republican governor signed the bill Wednesday, according to information on his website.

Idaho residents 18 and older are allowed to carry a concealed handgun within city limits in Idaho without a permit or training following a law that went into place last summer.

The legislation signed by Little extends that to legal residents of the United States and U.S. armed services members.
I give MY OPINION (not often) based on many years shooting at, other than paper targets. I will not debate my experience vs. your experience based on dreams and "what ifs." I'm 73; I'm too damn old to care.
Old March 27, 2020, 01:46 PM   #3
Gary Slider

RETG, Thank you. Saw that right before I looked at your post. I liked that they only had to strike two words and add 4 words to the whole statute to make that change.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old March 27, 2020, 02:46 PM   #4
JERRYS.

Thank you for these updates!