The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old June 21, 2020, 07:12 PM   #1
GeauxTide

Shady Grove Outfitters - Samson AL

Just back from a weekend hunt with these wonderful folks. They offer day and night hunts for Feral Hogs. This time of year, the hogs are moving at night and they use Night Vision Optics on their 6.5 Grendel ARs. My buddy plugged a 256# Boar early this morning. Highly recommended. $250 day and $350 night, which includes lodging and meals cooked by their wonderful Mother. They also clean, quarter, and cool.
Old June 23, 2020, 10:40 AM   #2
reynolds357

Around here, people pay you to kill hogs. I cant imagine paying to get to kill hogs.
Old June 25, 2020, 02:18 AM   #3
bamaranger

send it

Where is "here"? I keep reading about the hog problem in different states, but locating pvt. property that will allow hunting for free in the big name hog states, much less paying you to shoot, seems far fetched unless one has a connection. I've some experience with hog damage here in AL and in south MS, but ranchers and farmers have also realized that hogs are a bit of a cash crop too.

These folks in AL are comparitively not far off from me, I might just give them a call, thanks G-Tide.
Old June 25, 2020, 11:21 AM   #4
Jim Watson

I know one guy who shoots pigs on family acreage and invites friends along for fun as he attempts to eradicate vermin.

Otherwise, hog hunting is a paying sport with the advantage that there are fewer restrictions than on game like deer.

Landowners serious about pest control don't hunt hogs, they trap and slaughter them. Strangers out on the property with guns are considered a hazard.

Reynolds' area seems unusual from what I hear and read.
Old June 25, 2020, 04:15 PM   #5
GeauxTide

Quote:
Around here, people pay you to kill hogs. I cant imagine paying to get to kill hogs.
I'm with Bamaranger. I'm retired, so I can go there!
Old June 25, 2020, 06:27 PM   #6
reynolds357

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaranger View Post
Where is "here"? I keep reading about the hog problem in different states, but locating pvt. property that will allow hunting for free in the big name hog states, much less paying you to shoot, seems far fetched unless one has a connection. I've some experience with hog damage here in AL and in south MS, but ranchers and farmers have also realized that hogs are a bit of a cash crop too.

These folks in AL are comparitively not far off from me, I might just give them a call, thanks G-Tide.
North East Ga. My friend makes several hundred a night shooting hogs. He usually hunts three or four nights per week. He uses video trail cams that call him when the pigs show up.
Old June 27, 2020, 04:34 AM   #7
bamaranger

Wow!

Lucky fella!