The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 20, 2009, 11:25 PM   #351
mlongley

Hi Everyone

My name is Matt and I am a new member from Ky. Glad to be part of TFL. Looking forward to getting to know many of you.
Old December 21, 2009, 09:55 AM   #352
mad_jack02

New to TFL

I'm new here at TFL and thought I'd say hello. My name is Brad and I'm from Kansas. I'm a shooter, hunter, reloader, and part time gunsmith. My main field of interest is with bolt action rifles, and wildcat cartridges, and am interested in the 1,000 yard F class type of shooting.
Old December 21, 2009, 10:15 AM   #353
Flyingbrickracing

Hi from Schenectady New York.

I signed up in April and never even got to say hi when my laptop crashed,it's been up for a while but I just plain forgot I'd been here.

Better late than never!
Old December 21, 2009, 06:24 PM   #354
retiredcoasty

Howdy!

I am new to this board but not to firearms. As you can tell by the name, I retired from the USCG in 1998. I now live in the People’s Republic of Massachusetts. I have been an avid hunter for over 30 years and spend as much time as I can on 700 acres of God’s country in upstate New York. I joined here as that I might learn from the wisdom of those around me. Recently got my carry permit and since that time, most of my money seems to be flying out of my wallet at a record pace!
Old December 21, 2009, 07:16 PM   #355
Colonel7

New Member, info on Walker Colt Replica

I am 63, and own a few replica black powder firearms, and just the usual handguns and rifles for when I used to hunt. I have an 1847 Walker I bought about 15 years ago in an old gun shop up by Brainerd, MN. It came with a very nice cavalry flap style heavy leather holster, and it has never been fired. I can't find the manufacturer anywhere on the piece, and I am trying to figure that out. Need some help....
Old December 21, 2009, 07:32 PM   #356
DubC-Hicks

Hello, just found this foruma few days ago. I'm a redneck from central Michigan. I've been shootin my whole life, even though its only been fifteen years. Guns, hunting and fishing are my life. Besides school... :barf:
I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about guns and I'll tell you guys what I know.

Thanks,
Clinton
Old December 23, 2009, 03:37 AM   #357
Mattnuckolls

Hello, all. Another gun advocate here, I have several in my collection, and am interested in the legal aspects of frearm ownership and responsibilities. I'm also interested in tactical firearms practices. I also spent a short time in the Marines and miss the intensity of the Corps. nothing like popping targets at 500 yards!

I have:
Glock 32
FN fiveseven
S&W M&P15
FN PS90
Armalite AR10 carbine
Mossberg 500 Marinecoat
Old December 23, 2009, 09:43 AM   #358
Magnum Mike

Hi people, I'm back after over a year.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; December 23, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old December 23, 2009, 09:56 AM   #359
zombie237

Hello all, avid arms fan, new to the boards. Prior service Army, now government contractor working soldier processing center for deploying units of our nations armed forces. started my arms race 3 months ago and currently my stock is comprised of a S&W Sigma .40, Mossberg 500 JIC w/ breaching barrel, Walther P22 and most recently my Walther PK380. now looking for a safe at the request of my wife, then on to either a 5.56 or 7.62 long rifle.

have really enjoyed reading all the posts so i decided to join up and get to posting.
Old December 25, 2009, 07:54 PM   #360
carpshooter

Confession time !

I've been here for awhile ,do like this site and just want to say Hi from westcentral Iowa .
Old December 26, 2009, 01:46 AM   #361
Drame22

I hope you guys are ready for a tidal wave of questions

I plan to expand my firearms knowledge a lot over the next few years before I start seriously collecting rifles and pistols
Old December 26, 2009, 01:03 PM   #362
tsweep

Hey everyone, new here from the midwest. I love hunting, fishing, camping, golf, football, and automotive restoration. I have a few guns in each category so Im looking forward to the wealth of information and hope i can contribute.
Old December 27, 2009, 03:26 PM   #363
RWNielsen

So Cal.

Hi all
I'm in southern California (3rd generation) and been shooting about 40 years. The last 8 or so I have been loading my own in 357, 44 & 45acp. I managed to survive the 'know it all, hey this is easy" stage and now take loading and reloading much more seriously. It's a great hobby and there's a lifetime of things to learn. I think, at times, I enjoy it more than shooting. I have a Dillon 650 with toolheads for every caliber I load and powder drops for every powder I use. I take a chronograph to the range and have a great time, mostly just BS-ing with the folks I meet. Truth be known, I'm just not that great a shot. I'm starting to get interested in long range target shooting and may have to get a 338 or something in the near future.

NRA....lifer
Old December 27, 2009, 10:27 PM   #364
Big Tom

Hello

My name is Tom. I am from Delaware. I crave to learn more about guns as my knowledge is rather limited. I have never shot a gun but will be very soon. I hope to mae friends and absorb knowledge about guns. Thanks.
Old December 28, 2009, 03:13 PM   #365
Kaboh

Hello everyone, my name is Kurt (aka Kaboh). Figured I'd log in and say Hi. I have just inherited a nice Savage 6a 22 and a Winchester model 94 from my Grandfather. I know both were purchased before WWII. Both are in perfect shooting order and shoot a helluva lot nicer than my Marlin .22 and my new model 94.
Old December 29, 2009, 05:33 PM   #366
Blue Monster

Greetings!
I am a shooter and have some solid experience with a number of platforms.
But mostly I whittle a lot... knee deep in the snow of Northern Michigan.

Slainte'
Blue
Old December 29, 2009, 07:58 PM   #367
matthewdew

Hi new to the site.
I'd like to ask a question. Could anyone tell me why my New England Firearm
in .243 cal. breaks open after each shot. I've checked the barrel it seams to be tight while closed. The gun fires great and accurate. But it just opens after every shot.(Without pressing the breakdown lever). Thank You Matthewdew

Last edited by matthewdew; December 29, 2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: left out a sentance
Old December 29, 2009, 08:53 PM   #368
Bud Helms

matthewdew,

Check your Private Messages in your User CP.
Old December 30, 2009, 11:34 AM   #369
rebelhippiechick

Hello. I have been "lurking", getting lots of information. Decided to sign up because I think you guys need a woman's point of view.

I am interested in all types of firearms, and have collected a few. I mainly just plink, and practice for home protection/self defense. I have a concealed permit.

I just got the 22LR conversion for my Sig P220. Unfortunately it was really messed up, and the whole thing had to go back to SSI.

My interests include flying, motorcycling, enjoying Colorado's great outdoors, my dogs and horses, silversmithing. I am an old broad who likes to have fun.

I have already learned a lot, and I am glad to be a part of it all
Old December 30, 2009, 06:03 PM   #370
cplmike1

Just saying hi

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here. I am a former U.S. Marine and avid shooter. I own several firearms in several calibers including .22, 17HMR, .223/.556, 303, 308, 30cal, 30calM1. I am just getting started reloading for two main reasons. 1) accuracy. 2) The new California ammo laws that requires vendors to get my thumb print when I purchase ammo. Big brother already knows way too much about me and what I do.
Old December 31, 2009, 02:33 AM   #371
anfnfalfan

Hello all! Ive been searching a while for a good firearm forum. I need it, seems i cant quit buying guns ever since i broke my foot in august. Just bought an enfield no4 mark 1, and needing some info bad. I hope i can be of some help to someone here, and visa versa! thanks for having me!
Old December 31, 2009, 02:32 PM   #372
motofabio

Another New Guy

Hello, all. I've been a firearms lover for as long as I can remember, an owner for only a few years and have recently expanded the collection considerably.

As I go through and clean up the new (to me) ones, I'm sure questions will come up. Hopefully I will be able to provide some info back for others.

Happy New Year!
Old January 1, 2010, 09:28 PM   #373
the norm

Hello Everyone

My name is Norm and I live in the state of Washington. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and started shooting when I was 10. I hunted a lot in my youth, but lost interest at about 40, but I have always enjoyed guns and shooting. I am now 61 with blurry eyes but I still enjoy target shooting.

I joined this forum because I was able to get so much good information from it when I was recently in the market for a light pocket pistol. Ended up with a Sig P238 and it is a honey! Another reason I like this forum is that unlike many other forums, civilized language is used here. Of course, I've always known that gun owners, as a group, are more responsible!
Old January 2, 2010, 12:30 AM   #374
HighStrung

Hello all

My name is Brannan Stewart. I'm now 30 and have grown up around firearms of most shapes and sorts as plinking and hunting was a large part of my upbringing. I've got a small assortment of shotguns and rifles in my collection and recently decided to take a larger interest in handguns. I've put more ammo thru my dads S&W 39-2 9mil and Ruger .44 Super Blackhawk than I can remember. Decided that it was time for some of my own. Recently purchased a S&W Sigma .40 that I look forward to getting comfortable with as well as a Colt Mustang .380 auto (I was finally able to get the wife interested in shooting). Been lurking in this forum as well as the S&W forum, learning lots and getting some great insights so decided that it was time to register. Fortunate enough to reside in Indiana where our laws are looser than most others.
“The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second does not become the legalized version of the first.” Thomas Jefferson
"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson
Old January 2, 2010, 08:06 AM   #375
FredD

New Here

Hi, been lurking for awhile on this sight (as well as others) and finally decided this sight looked the best to join.
I've been shooting most all my life, stopped when I moved here to Georgia, but recently I really feel the need to start again.

Sold my pistols acouple years back (now I need new ones ), and I am thinking of getting into reloading (my brother does alot in Alabama).

Anyway, glad to be here and a part of this great forum.

FredD

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent