The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 5, 1999, 09:26 AM   #1
HKIL

Harly, can you help me with an Eagle Arms pre-ban EA15, 16", removable carry handle rear sight problem?
The elevation knob wobbles a bit, I can't figure out how to tighten this thing, it's a bit annoying.
I don't know if it's affecting accuracy, I did have a hard time zeroing the rifle.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HKIL
Old October 6, 1999, 12:18 PM   #2
4V50 Gary
Staff

Disassemble and check the Elevation Knob, Index Elevation for burrs. You can do this by placing them on a flat metal surface. You may also want to replace the elevation knob spring with a newer, stiffer one. Same for the smaller spring. While you're at it, check the Rear Base for burrs or other deformities.

Small point of order, gunsmithing questions should be posted in the Smith Forum. Our members are happy to help, but help us help you. Thanks!

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt