The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 12, 2001, 04:26 PM   #26
swsurgeon

Good reference. Interested persons may also want to check out the hawk and axe forum at Bladeforums. It's a little slow right now, but it goes in spurts and is sometimes very active.
Old November 12, 2001, 04:36 PM   #27
CWL

Lawdog,

Good point. A few years back, I ran into a buddy (big 'ol Southern boy) who looked like he got run over by a train. -Turned out all he did was try to buy a loaf of bread at 7-11, except he ended up between two girls from different gangs, they beat the crap out of him because he was in the way.

They had an advantage because they just didn't care. All they wanted to do was to destroy what was in front of them.

I am fortunate to have learned this lesson the easy way because it didn't happen to me.
Old November 12, 2001, 09:18 PM   #28
fubsy

I can only tell ya what I like in knives.......
-Walter Brend of Waltersboro S.C. makes an exceptional knife, and is my preferred maker att. I dont believe Walter has a web site. I dont have his number at hand right now either.
--Randall really started the custom knife craze in this country and still produces a fine product at a reasonable price. http://www.randallknives.com/
--- http://www.david.broadwell.com/ .....makes some fine knives, I especially like the bowie he makes for Les Robinson. Here is a link to the knife.... http://www.robertsoncustomcutlery.com/broad11.htm .......Les will usually have some very high quality blades from various makers including Brend.........
----Unfortunatley there is a fella out of texas that I am having a senior moment with........Ill work on it..and post it when I get it.....

I dont have much experience with production knives, although cold steel seems to make some very servicable ones.......fubsy.

Tamara......that old saying is "its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"........fubsy.
Old November 13, 2001, 08:14 PM   #29
Mannlicher

well, I am not a martial arts major, or a knife fighter. I still have though, and carry on a regular basis, an old Randal1 #1. On my web gear, is a Cold Steel Recon Tanto.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.".........Ronald Reagan