The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 14, 2008, 02:04 AM   #1
JohnKSa
Staff

Earplug Superstore...

Good transaction with them. Ordered on Saturday night, had my merchandise Tuesday night even though I picked the cheapest shipping method.

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/

Pretty impressive selection of hearing protection equipment including accessories.

My wife has been having problems with her earmuff style protection fitting so I purchased a nice set of earmuffs and a set of the gel pads to fit them. The gel pads cost more than the muffs, but they are NICE. I'm probably going to have to order a set for my Peltor electronic muffs.
Old May 17, 2008, 01:07 AM   #2
JohnKSa
Staff

Part II

I was so impressed with the gel pads I ordered for my wife's ear muffs that I ordered myself a set.

Placed the order Wednesday night and again, I chose the cheapest shipping method. The package was waiting tonight (Friday) when I got home.

I've already got the pads installed on my Tac 7 and the difference is impressive. As expected they're much more comfortable, but they also seal much better too.

I also ordered their earplug sampler set. They sell 29 different kinds of ear plugs with differing profiles, features, made of different materials with different levels of softness and differing noise reduction levels. Frankly it never even occurred to me that there were so many different kinds. Anyway, for about $15 plus shipping they'll send you 2 pairs of each variety (58 pairs altogether) so you can pick the one that fits you perfectly and order a batch of them.
Old May 19, 2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Sigma 40 Blaster

Thank you. I have been wanting some plugs (too damn hot in TX for those stupid muffs) and this looks like it's just the ticket.
Old May 22, 2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Sigma 40 Blaster

Followup -

I ordered the a variety pack of plugs as JohnKSA noted and I was very happy with it. I have about ten sets of earplugs of different sizes and shapes. I have about four favorites right now that I'm going to take the range to see which work the best.