The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 10, 2005, 11:57 PM   #26
trooper3385

I totally agree with k9lwt. If it was a car chase, and a innocent bystandard was injuried, it might be a different story. That would start to get into what the reason was prior to the pursuit. But when it comes to a foot pursuit, give me a brake. I've been a State Trooper for awhile. If someone runs from you, you chase them. If the bad guy wants to run from you whether its in a car or on foot you chase them until it becomes a danger to the public. If the bad guy wants to put his life in danger, thats his choice. The officer has to think about the innocent bystanders. The officers where trying to ID the guy. So apparently, they had no idea who this guy was yet, whether he was wanted or not. Obviously there was a reason why this guy ran. You don't just run from the Police for no reason. From what I've heard, there was no danger to the public at the time. If it had continued, that could have changed, but at that point there was not a danger to innocent bystanders. Mabe we should restrict TheeBadOne to a democrat forum.