The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 15, 2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Dodge DeBoulet

New LnL Owners: Whatcha Doin wit Yer Free Bullets?

I just got 1,100 .40cal/10mm 180gr Hollow Points free from Hornady, as part of their Get Loaded! promotion. 1,000 for the press, and 100 for the die set.

They seem like awfully nice bullets for poking holes in paper, or even knocking down poppers. And I'm not supposed to use 'em in the indoor range anyway.

What are you doing with yours?
Old January 15, 2010, 05:40 PM   #2
Randy 1911

I had a bad experience with the "Get Loaded" program. I sent in all my stuff and didn't hear anything back from Hornady so after a few weeks I threw my box away. About 1-1/2 months later I got a letter in the mail with all my stuff in it and a letter saying that I had sent in the wrong UPC code. Therefore they were rejecting my submission for bullets. Of couruse by this time the box was long gone, so I never got my bullets.

I did buy a set of Hornady dies about a month ago and gave it another try. I got my 100 bullets this time. I'm still upset about the 1000 bullets tho.
Old January 15, 2010, 05:46 PM   #3
zxcvbob

It took about 6 months to get mine because the bullets were backordered. A thousand .30 rifle bullets will last me a lifetime. They are currently sitting in boxes under the reloading bench. (they sure are pretty bullets)
Old January 15, 2010, 07:31 PM   #4
alloy

I buried all mine behind a paper plate, in a dirt embankment.
Old January 15, 2010, 07:35 PM   #5
DiscoRacing

loaded some and still have bout 600 of em on the top shelf... awaiting the flying time.
Old January 15, 2010, 07:44 PM   #6
Nomo4me

My Tikka 7mm-08 is kind enough to do 5/8" for five shots @ 100 yds using varget with the 1000 139gr BTSP I received.
I'm going to load up the 200 rounds of brass I have and maybe someday poke one of those bullets into a wild pig.
We don't have 'em here in Utah so looking at a couple days drive each way :barf: