The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 1, 2018, 08:22 PM   #51
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
What I didn't realize was that if I shot more than two mags through it, that inner steel trigger really made my finger sore...
The trigger and the trigger safety (inner trigger) are both plastic. They do attach to the trigger bar which is steel, but the steel trigger bar never comes in contact with the user's finger.
Old September 1, 2018, 08:42 PM   #52
claydoctor

The fact that it is plastic, did not make it any less painful.
Old September 1, 2018, 08:47 PM   #53
JohnKSa
Staff

If it's any comfort, I have heard of other folks who experience trigger finger discomfort (trigger slap) when shooting Glocks. It's not all that common and it's only rarely possible to verify whether it's related to a problem with a specific gun or if it's just some difference in the shooter's anatomy.
Old September 3, 2018, 10:35 PM   #54
Martowski

For years I've owned a G22 and never shot it that much. For years I've been encouraging people to look at the XD and PPQ as alternatives to Glock. But, this year I took an opportunity to rent a G19 Gen 5, M&P 2.0 Compact, Sig P365, and also shot my PPQ, XDm, and XD Mod.2 next to them. I shot groups at varying distances and tempos, measured each, documented the findings, and it was clear... I shot the G19 Gen5 consistently better than all of them, even the pistols I've had for years. I REALLY wanted to like the M&P 2.0 Compact, and I did... it wasn't bad at all. But, the G19 felt more solid in my hands and consistently shot better. While "feel" is great and all, downrange performance is where it counts and I can't deny the numbers. Needless to say, I now have a G19 Gen 5 (which has a much nicer trigger than my Gen 3 G22).

I was never a "hater" of Glocks, but never really warmed up to them. This Gen 5 G19 has won me over though. It's just about the perfect "do all" pistol.