The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 3, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1
RCACF Billy

RMR124gr 9mm prn load data needed

I just got my Lee classic press kit for Christmas and need some help with loading data. I have Winchester wsp small primers, Win 231 and Accurate #2 powders. The Accurate website data shows 3.8 grains of #2 for BRY and RAN 124 Plated RN bullets. How do I know what the start load is for my RMR bullets since they are not specifically listed?

It looks like the start load for my W231 would be 3.9. Is this right?

Thanks for helping, Billy

Last edited by RCACF Billy; January 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: No answers
Old January 4, 2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Ralph Allen

My reloading manual list's 4.5 of 231 as the start point for 124 grain. Winchester has a reloading site that should give you current data. Yes, data will be the same for all brands of jacketed bullets. Lead is usually listed a little down on charges, not always, but usually.
Ralph
Old January 4, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3
m&p45acp10+1

I start plated at the starting load listed for jacketed bullets. Then work up. Never have gotten up to max load before I found a load that shot to point of aim well enough I decided that was good enough for me.