The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 7, 2005, 11:41 AM   #1
rangermonroe

Marlin 1894 Ejector

I have a Marlin 1894 in 44 mag that needs a new ejector. I bought one through Midway (nice work Wild AK), but it does not fit my 1894.

Mine has a narrower profile, and does not have the recess for the barb on the back.

Is there a different style of ejector that is available on these, or do I need to have mine customized to accept the one I have?
Old November 8, 2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Tom2

How old?

I am looking in Brownells and there is only one part listed for the 94 as an ejector assy, the factory #501168. With the exeption of the stainless gun and the .38 cowboy, that is. Are you sure the one you got is not for an antique gun? Like a 100 year old version. Hmm. Maybe Marlin has the dope on it. Usually if there is a part change at some serial number range, it mentions it in the Brownells catalog or maybe in the Numrich Gun Parts list with exploded view. Good luck.
Old November 10, 2005, 09:58 AM   #3
rangermonroe

My gun was made in the early 70's, and there was a part change right about then.

I called marlin, and they recommended that I contact some guy in Washington state who makes them.
Old November 10, 2005, 03:56 PM   #4
Tom2

Good to know

I have right now a 357 made just when they started with the pushbutton on the side, and an older pre safety 45-70 95. Good to know they made a change in that, which did not show up on my listing. I think I once had a 44, but no longer. Got to be a fun gun. Good luck.