The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 24, 2017, 02:14 PM   #1
Links_56

Armsport 5237 Lock equivilant

Hello I have a Armsport 5237 that is in pieces and is missing several pieces, It was meant to be a percussion gun. since im missing all the pieces for the lock except the plate I was wondering if someone could help me Identify the lock style so I could get a Flintlock and make this a flintlock pistol. I know Ill have to make a custom breech plug, etc. Any help would be appreciated let me know if I can provide anything else. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170324_135738(1).jpg (67.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20170324_135829.jpg (68.1 KB, 16 views)
Old March 24, 2017, 04:17 PM   #2
AKexpat

Armsport (Florida) was a US importer, not a manufacturer.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a.../t-643499.html

I might also suggest trying Dixie Gun Works. Give them a call and/or order their $5.00 print catalog. Mine came in the mail in less than a week. They do not have an online catalog. I have used them since I was a teenager in the 60's courtesy of my Dad ordering the catalogs. They have a very wide range of locks, lock plates, hammers, frizzens, et al, and you might find something you can use, or modify to use.

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/produc...t34b4tnjntgc36

If you are handy with files and such, it might work out for you.

Good luck in your endeavors, sir!

Jim
To be governed – is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censured, checked, valued, enrolled – by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
Old March 24, 2017, 06:56 PM   #3
Links_56

Thanks for the response, I will see if they can help me. I appreciate it.