The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 15, 2017, 07:33 AM   #1
JJ45

243 Win, 100 G Nosler Partition loads

Anyone have a good load or any suggestions for loading this bullet?

For a Remington 700 ADL, Leupold 2-7X33, it's a fairly newer 700 since it has a factory matte finish so I think the twist rate is 9.25" but not sure.

Even though it is a newer 700, the original owner re-mounted it in the old style ADL walnut stock...the rifle is very accurate with other loads but wanted to experiment with the Partitions...Thanks for any suggestions.
Old December 15, 2017, 11:37 AM   #2
mkl

An excellent bullet. I've harvested a dozen or so white tail deer with the 100 grain partition pushed by IMR 4350. I aim for the center of the front shoulder and that bullet will minimize meat loss. The shoulder shot breaks the front shoulder and usually drops them within ten feet of where they stand. I have never lost a deer and meat loss is around two or three pounds -- for me, a reasonable trade off for never having to track a wounded deer. It's the only bullet I use for deer hunting with my Model 70 Winchester. Accuracy is excellent; my load shoots around 3/4-inch groups at 100 yards. While all rifles are unique with respect to the "best" load, the slower powders work exceptionally well in my Mod. 70.
Old December 15, 2017, 12:02 PM   #3
JJ45

Forgot to mention the powders I have on hand suitable; IMR4064 and H4350Ext...