The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 17, 2011, 10:55 AM   #1
ThorInc

Moss 930 SP Roadblocker...

...model #85335.

Picked one up yesterday at a very decent price and after a visual inspection, was quite pleased with what I found. I still have to strip & clean it though before testing it, so we shall see........

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct forum but here goes.....three things.

I am going to get a Limbsaver #10200 for it ( found it referenced here), thanks! Will measure first of course.

Gonna also swap out the operating handle for an NC speed bolt, a must!

And, I want to change the front brass bead sight to another more highly visible bead style sight. I have decided not to upgrade to a ghost sight system as I already have a 590A1 SPX with one (and it's great) but am just looking for something that will improve acquisition speed but not change the entire profile by much. This is really where I need some suggestions...

All information is welcomed.
Old December 17, 2011, 12:56 PM   #2
ThorInc

Ok here is where most research has taken me to now but I still would appreciate any advice.....

For the front bead:

1. BIG DOT TRITIUM FRONT SIGHT by XS Sight Systems #006-000-158 (made for the Remington), not sure of it will "plug and play" with the 85335, it's supposed to be a fit over

2. MOSSBERG SHOTGUN TRU-DOT® NIGHT SIGHT by Meprolight #ML 34044-TD 5-40

3. Dead Center Dual-Color Bead Sight - Red Inner/Green Outer #12221 by Limb Saver as I will be getting the #10200 recoil pad anyway. Just not sure about the height.

Last edited by ThorInc; December 17, 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: fixed grammar