The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old December 15, 2011, 11:09 PM   #1
McClintock

M&P Slide Seizure

Hi, all.

Had a new experience tonight, was shooting my M&P9 when the slide locked back. Hmm, I thought to myself, that's odd, my magazine is not empty. I tried to tap and rack the slide and to my surprise, the slide was locked up solid. Upon closer inspection, it appears as though the slide stop is stuck in the "up" position, and refuses to move. I don't want to wreck my gun by doing anything ham-fisted to it, so I didn't try anything drastic to free up the slide stop.

Has anyone encountered any similar sort of experience, and if so, what did you do to fix it? Obviously, since I am not a gunsmith, my next step is to take it to someone more qualified to have a look at it, but it never hurts to ask.

Cheers!
McClintock
Old December 19, 2011, 02:02 PM   #2
fieldcoordinator

Call Smith and Wesson tech support. Great bunch of folks. They'll probably have you ship it to them (at no cost to you) for warranty repair. They have fixed used guns for me under warranty no question.