The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old January 2, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1
nzapton

questions on an SKS (chinese)

I'm new here so if this is in the wrong place I do apologize.

My father in law led me to his closet on New years eve and showed me a rifle that he had in not much more than just a large bag. He said he bought it about 8-10 years ago from a survivalist friend of his.

Then he asked me if I would look into seeing how much it would be worth as he is looking to sell it. Question number one....How much should he ask for it?

He "claims" as it was told to him that it is a fully automatic. So question number two....is ti possible to have an SKS that is F/A?

all of the serial numbers match. 8034671 on the reciever, 34671 on the reciever, 4671 the stock, 34671 the trigger gaurd, and 34671 on this thing that is where the magizine goes up into the rifle. It does have a bayonet and a cleaning rod.

The stock has plenty of dings chips and other small damages but nothing big.

Any other info you could give me like the time of manufacture or any thing like that would be appreciated.

other marking are Norinco sks 7.62x39 china .......ksi pomona ca. on the right and on the left is a triangle with the number 26 in side it then some chinese characters and the serial number 8034671.

thank you for your time reading and responding to this post.
Old January 2, 2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Te Anau

If its full auto,it shouldn't be and is illegal.Value should be around $250.00
Old January 2, 2010, 12:35 PM   #3
doctruptwn

Arsennal 26 is one of the most desired models, full auto, might be possible but if it is it's illegal. I would agree on the $250 range.
Old January 2, 2010, 12:50 PM   #4
m1thumb

The fact that it is marked the Pomono California means it was properly imported, and thus is highly unlikely it is full auto. Clean it up and you can get $250ish for it.
Old January 2, 2010, 02:03 PM   #5
nzapton

thank to all for the input this will help.