The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 10, 2009, 11:20 PM   #1
BlindMansBluff

question about gun retension while open carying

Hello

I am writing this question because on Friday May 15 at the NRA Convention here in Phoenix will be the first time I will be open carrying. Although I have opened carried in my home (An Apartment don't carry outside due to there thoughts) and atfriends houses where they are not bothered by the idea. I would and do feel vonerable open carrying while blind.

This is one of the top reasons why I want a CCW badly, but no trainer I have tried talking to won't here of it or even talk to meabout it.

I feel safe and sure that I won't get jumped, or mugged at the NRA convention, but would like atleast some retension training if possible. Do you believe with out laughing at me, a trainer would atleast help me with weapon retension with out preaching to me the dangers of me being blind and OC, it sucks because although they give me this babbling about OC andthe dangers of it, they won't consider letting me take the CCW course.

I just started a blog about my experiences being a blind gun owner and a target shooter, check it out at http://theblindmansbluff.blogspot.com
Old May 10, 2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Kyo

grab a thumbstrap holster for it? Idk, if someone wanted to take your gun you would feel it early on. Where do you put it on your waist? If its in front of you then it shouldn't be a big deal, even at 3 and 9 anywhere behind and maybe you can get a retention holster if you feel strongly about it.

Tags
blind , ccw , open carrying , retention