The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old December 12, 2006, 12:31 AM   #1
GASCHECK

National Bullet Co. Problem

LOADERS:

To make it short, I ordered $90 worth of pistol bullets from National Bullet Co. in May, and have not been able to get the bullets or my money refunded. Anyone else have trouble with them? Such a big company, I can't imagine what is going on! Thanks!
Gascheck
Old December 12, 2006, 01:22 AM   #2
inkie

gascheck

It may be that you waited to long to get your money back but, if you paid by credit card which you should do nowadays. Contact the card issuer they will get you your refund or find out why you can't get your bullets. Some cards have purchase security benifits which pays you off it the seller renegs on the sale.
Old December 12, 2006, 04:09 AM   #3
DonR101395

You should have checked here http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...ational+bullet a few months ago. Several of us had the same problem. Funny thing is after I removed my name from their mailing list the email flyers would stop for 2-3 weeks then start again. The last one they send me I sent them an email telling them that I had removed my name 4 times and that anymore emails would be viewed as harassment and turned over to a lawyer and their local law enforcement. I haven't gotten any emails from them in two months. Some people just seem to be careless and not too bright.
Old December 12, 2006, 07:22 AM   #4
gary2905

Just as Don wrote, the NBC has been a problem for at least a year with long delayed orders, incomplete orders flat out lying to you when you write, the whole gamut of a failing company.
As Don noted, go to the Firing Line forun and there are pages and pages of horror stories about them.
Next time try looking in a few forums about the company and see if there are any/many reports of disaster or are people satisfied.
Just ask, many of us are happy to give a report.
Old December 12, 2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Ausserordeutlich

Why would you assume that it's "such a big company?"
Old December 17, 2006, 10:51 PM   #6
GASCHECK

National Bullet Co

Reloaders:

Yes, I admit it was stupid of me to let my unfilled order go for so long. But for some reason, I thought that they were a long established reliable company and just had some problems.

I ran out of prepared ingots for my bullet casting pot and thought I would just get a 1000 each of .38 wadcutters and .45 Colt bullets to tide me over until a remelt.
I called my VISA card issuer and talked to some airhead who just kept repeating "It's past the 60 day limit!" like a damn recording. So I am going to write to them because the info on their web site says they might be able to help out even after 60 days.
If no results, I will go to the BBB and the Ohio AG.
Maybe I'm lucky, but this is the first rotten apple I have come across in all my 50 years of reloading.
Thanks for your replies.
Gascheck
Old December 24, 2006, 01:06 PM   #7
Clark

I am a big fan of NB Copperized cast bullets for 45acp.

Sad to see them have trouble.

I did learn about the 60 day limit
Old December 24, 2006, 09:31 PM   #8
Craig M. Arnold

Sorry to hear that NBC is still ripping people off. I had a lot of trouble with them about a year ago. Finally got "most" of the bullets I ordered after many, many e-mails.

There are a ton of good, reliable bullet companies around. NBC is certainly not one of them.

Hope you get your money back.

Best regards.
Old December 25, 2006, 12:48 AM   #9
pumpkinheaver

Maybe they are too busy e-mailing me about their wonderful sales to make your bullets. I get crap from them everyday!! I have never bought from them and probably never will, 95% of the lead bullets I shoot are cast by myself. I do buy some bullets for my .32 mags once in a while.
Old December 25, 2006, 08:45 AM   #10
Mike P. Wagner

Quote:
and have not been able to get the bullets or my money refunded.
I cancelled my order and called my cedit card company myself. Did you pay by credit card?

Quote:
Maybe they are too busy e-mailing me about their wonderful sales to make your bullets.
That was particularly annoying - the order gets later and later, phone calls always end with, "We expect to ship your order next weekl" - and the spam keeps coming.

Mike
Old December 30, 2006, 02:00 PM   #11
dogandshorty@comcast

I have turned them into the BBB in Cleveland last week or so. Got a reply a few days later saying the complaint has been filed and a copy has been given to National Bullet. I sent the order in in August . This a real crock. The BBB said up to 6 weeks. My order was 46 odd bucks. I also told then I wanted my products and perks to go with them for the BS I have gone through. I told the BBB I wanted no coupons from these people. I was at the Fir Fin and Feather store in Ashland Ohio weeks ago and the guy in the basement at the reloading and rental dept. said they had been waiting too for shipments too and didn't know why they were late. We shall see what we shall see...Dog
Old December 30, 2006, 05:40 PM   #12
Abstract

At some point, a criminal investigation of NBC should be initiated!
Old December 30, 2006, 06:01 PM   #13
dogandshorty@comcast

I have read this on the S and W forum too. I don't understand how after gittin your bottom whipped by everyone and their brother, they can still have the stones to do the same thing... I hope the BBB will have some answers, I did read on the BBB site that they have had trouble befor. Dog :barf: