The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 14, 2011, 05:32 PM   #1
madmag

Gun Belt...OK I Was Wrong.

It even seems strange to me that through the years I have always been willing to pay top dollar for a good holster, but I have always gone on the cheap for a leather CCW belt. I guess I could not convince myself that a made for gun belt was really that much better than a normal belt. Finally, about two months ago I spent the bucks at a gun show for a good 1.5" X .25" lined gun belt. What a surprise, I have been wrong all these years. It instantly made a difference in keeping my gun/holster from sagging, and the comfort was way better.

So, if you are waiting like I did...don't. It's worth the money for a real gun belt.
Old February 14, 2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Kreyzhorse

Glad you saw the light MadMag. A good belt really makes a hell of a difference. I could never figure out why people would drop all kinds of cash on a great holster only to carry it a weak belt. I've always said that a belt is actually just as, if not more important, than a good holster.
Old February 14, 2011, 08:33 PM   #3
X_shooter

+1 on a good belt. I will buy nothing else and I wear them consistently even if I am not holstered up. I find they hold my pants up better too.
Old February 14, 2011, 09:16 PM   #4
Yung.gunr

How much have you seen some decent ones go for?

I need a new brown belt ASAP, I have a black one that will suffice for a bit, but I need the black one for my new holster (I am just starting to daily carry). Where is a good place that you have seen that has some good offerings for not too much cash.
Old February 14, 2011, 10:24 PM   #5
madmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung.gunr
Where is a good place that you have seen that has some good offerings for not too much cash.
Lots of offerings on the net, but they are usually on the high side....not saying they are not worth the price. I think a local gun show is a good place for a reasonable price. I paid $50 plus for mine, but it was on sale from about $65.
Old February 14, 2011, 10:35 PM   #6
egor20

Yung.gunr

I'll go out of the way and say these ones

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=125363

I have four or five of them, great belts, good buy.

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old February 15, 2011, 08:32 AM   #7
The Great Mahoo

+1. A belt can make all the difference in carrying comfortably. And, I'll go so far as to agree with X_shooter, they just seem more comfortable to wear even without a gun.

I have a belt from K&D Holsters, picked up a couple years back when I got a holster from them. Its been fantastic and I love it.

The Beltman is also highly recommended on this (and other) forums. I've not used their products personally, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

Wilderness has a great reputation for non-leather belts. I plan on ordering one before too long to use while hiking and the like. No sense risking good leather out there, right?
Old February 16, 2011, 05:37 PM   #8
jrp09

Excellent belts for a reasonable price with reasonable delivery dates can be had from The Beltman and A&G Custom.

Don't waste your time on no-name gunshow belts and belts from outdoor sporting goods companies - they are junk, no matter what the Walmart shoppers say.

Top of the line belts are available from: Nossar, Bulman, Sparks, 5 Shot, and Del Fatti. All are worth the wait and price.

An excellent gun belt and a low price is an oxymoron.

HTH,
John
Old February 16, 2011, 06:09 PM   #9
ZeSpectre

I stress over and over and over how important a good gunbelt is and how folks may think they have a good gunbelt but they don't understand until they actually wear a quality one for a while.

I'm a longtime fan and user of the double layer bullhide belts from "The Beltman". NOT CHEAP but worth every penny when you can carry a 2+ pound Witness 10mm for a full day in reasonable comfort.

Last edited by ZeSpectre; February 16, 2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old February 16, 2011, 08:02 PM   #10
madmag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp09
Don't waste your time on no-name gunshow belts and belts from outdoor sporting goods companies -
Can't agree on that one. Mine is a gunshow gun belt and it's been great. Completely different form even the best store bought belts I have had. But that's my experience.
Old February 17, 2011, 10:51 AM   #11
aarondhgraham

+1 for the Great Mahoo,,,

His recommendation of the Beltman is a great one,,,
I am a custom leather worker and I can't make one better.

I've seen several of his belts and I can say he buys only top quality materials to make them from.

Belt makers will often skimp on the lining leather,,,
Not so with this gentleman.

Worth every penny.

Aarond
Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)