The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 24, 2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Dave S.

Pale Horse Leather Holsters Problem

Has anyone else had a recent problem with Pale Horse Leather Holsters? I have a paid for, outstanding order from November 2006. I was never informed that it would be anywhere near this kind of wait, and they don't respond to my e-mails. I have no other contact information for them. I can understand that there can be a delay for unforseen reasons, but the lack of communication has me concerned.
Old July 24, 2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Playboypenguin

I hope it is an isolated incident.

I have holsters on order from them too.

I am in Oregon too, so if they ignore me I will just have to drive on over and talk to them in person.
Old July 26, 2007, 11:10 PM   #3
rightwingnut

Just ordered a holster from Pale Horse on 7-22-07. Received an e-mail yesterday 7-25-07 asking for weapon make/model although I know I filled out that info. Probably just a link glitch. No big deal. The point is I received a fairly prompt response so I can assume they're paying attention. According to the website, I was lucky enough to find my particular holster in stock... well, at least since the page was updated one week prior... hopefully they had it. I'll have to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, although an order placed 11-06 seems excessive. The info provided in the email response indicated an 8-14 week backlog... longer if they're swamped. So we'll see. Shame, since they seem to have some nice ideas. Looking forward to see the product.
Old July 31, 2007, 08:18 PM   #4
Dave S.

Does anyone have any other contact info for them. Address? Phone #? I'm very concerned that they won't contact me.
Old August 8, 2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Gomez

I paid for a holster last April. They sent me the wrong holster in August of 2006. I sent it back. They ignored my emails for months then spontaneously responded [after I insisted on a holster or a refund] in June 2007 and told me that Graham was making my holster at that time. In August 2008, I received a holster from them. It was for the wrong gun!

I have emailed them twice since receipt of this holster and told them that I will ship it back USPS with Delivery Confirmation after I have received a refund. The reason that I am insisting on a refund prior to shipment is precisely because of their extremely poor communication habits.

I am extremely disappointed in my dealings with Pale Horse Holsters and am not impressed by the quality of the two IWB holsters that I have handled throughout this debacle.

Graham's website lists a mailing address for Pale Horse Holsters as:

L. Ross
Pale Horse Holsters
PO Box 2082
Gresham, Or. 97030

His site also explains his views on customer service and satisfaction.:

Customer service and support is important to me, so we have formed "Pale Horse Holsters". Pale Horse is a company who's purpose is to handle all sales and customer support for my line of holsters. They are professionals who know my products and will handle your questions and purchase in a quick and efficient manner.

The email addresses on Graham's site are defunct and the email addresses on the Pale Horse site rarely generate responses. Neither site provides a telephone number and the Pale Horse site doesn't list a mailing address

Graham's Custom Gun Leather

Pale Horse Holsters
Old July 27, 2008, 08:13 AM   #6
gmanpma

Just to make sure everyone is aware, nothing has changed. My order was placed on September 9, 2007, and still not a word. Don't ask me why, but in May 08, I bought another holster because it said that it was in stock and ready to be shipped. And of course no holster or response. I have checked with the secretary of state in Oregon, and now at least I have the physical address which is 11745 SE Zion Hill Road, Gresham OR 97080. It seems that Laurie is the person that is listed as the responsible party. I can't find a phone number, but I will. PayPal would not reverse the charges so I'm starting a frontal assault on the bank. I'm ****ed off.
Old August 8, 2008, 06:00 PM   #7
JumboJim

Placed my order with them april 2007, still no holster though the site says they are working on orders after my order date. Filed a complaint with the BBB after Palehorse ignored emails sent to them for the last 3 months including 20 of the same email sent one after the other so it would be hard to ignore. If the BBB comes up empty, it's on to the Oregon Attorney General's office. I'll try to keep you up to date.
Old August 8, 2008, 08:35 PM   #8
Playboypenguin

I finally got my Mufti holster after an e-mail sent to them suggesting that I might need to come speak to them in person.
Old August 8, 2008, 09:08 PM   #9
JumboJim

hehe, Shouldn't need to come to that though. Wish I had that option.
Old August 9, 2008, 06:48 PM   #10
JP Sarte

gmanpma:

If you paid by credit card I would call your credit card company and formally dispute the charge. At the very least you will not have to pay the charge. One of the only good things about using a card.

JP
Old August 9, 2008, 07:18 PM   #11
JumboJim

I'll give that a shot if things don't change in a few days. Thanks
Old August 9, 2008, 07:19 PM   #12
tplumeri

Quote:
I have a paid for, outstanding order from November 2006.

WHAT???!!
even Milt Sparks wait isnt THAT long!
Call the better business guys in Oregon. they have no authority but usually get a response.
Old August 13, 2008, 07:09 AM   #13
OMCHamlin

Oh my, and to think I was just on the verge of ordering a holster from them! That's why I check this sort of thing out first! Well, good luck to the rest of you!
Old August 13, 2008, 10:51 AM   #14
RevoRick

I went to his site today and noticed that he has suspended taking any orders in order to catch up on his back-log.
DW 10mm CBOB, 10mm Experimental, .45 Pointman GD, .45 Patriot CCO. DW 744 VH .44 6", 715 VH .357 4". Fusion 10mm Longslide XM-10 Tactical Hunter. Glock 19c, Browning Buckmark, S&W 686 .357 4", 629 .44mag 8 3/8". Uberti Cattleman .45LC.
http://www.1911auto.org/forum/index.php?referrerid=24