The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old November 25, 1999, 07:57 PM   #1
BilltheCat

And is it something I can fix, or is it something that needs a gunsmith? This would be the pin that protrudes near the hammer to let you know the gun has a round in the chamber. It falls out almost completely and is loose. bummer. Nice gun otherwise.

Thanks in advance all.
Old November 25, 1999, 09:11 PM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Bill, I suspect it's the cartridge indicator spring instead of the pin itself. It is either broken or perhaps gone completely. Gun Parts Corporation www.gunpartscorp.com would have a replacement for little of nothing. If you can disassemble/assemble the slide with confidence, replacement shouldn't pose a problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself by all means take it to your local smith. If you don't have anyone near you, e-mail me and I'll send you disassembly instructions and help you all I can. George
Old November 25, 1999, 10:16 PM   #3
BilltheCat

Thank you George. I suppose this spring holds the pin in some fashion. I will see about getting the part from the source you suggested, and would appreciate it if you could send instructions on replacing this spring myself if you would. Money is always at a premium during the holidays, and Gunsmiths around here in The Orlando area don't inspire anyone with overwhelming confidence. (and they charge way too much for too little help)

If it is no more difficult than taking a Glock 30 down to itty bitty peices, then I could probably do it myself with instructions. I found an expoded diagram of teh gun and can see how the spring meets the pin. I suppose the pin has a notch.

Thank you in advance. I am at [email protected]