The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 23, 2010, 11:49 PM   #1
GoingQuiet

Reason #3251 that I do business with Silencerco

GoingQuiet is donating a few things to the Friends of the NRA benefit coming up on Saturday and I spoke to Josh/Gary about getting some Silencerco product donated to help out our sport.

They didn't even blink. It was "What can we do?" and in 5 minutes I had all the details nailed down for Silencerco to donate a BRAND NEW 22 Sparrow for the live benefit auction! I will handle the paperwork for free, all the buyer is responsible for is the tax stamp.

This example of generosity and support of the shooting sports is one of many reasons I will continue to do business with them.
Old September 24, 2010, 12:00 AM   #2
Raven Armament

I hope they can maintain it over time. Similar case with AAC. They were the "little people" that took care of customers now they are a joke. AAC used to be like SilencerCo in the early days.
Old September 24, 2010, 06:06 AM   #3
David Hineline

So being a small company with 3 product lines and great service that has been around maybe a bit over a year is not a joke.

But a company that went from that to become large and a part of Remington, with multiple US militarty contracts, and has suceeded in business for many years is what you call a joke.

A smallish company like SilencerCo dies with the loss of one man or when one man looses interest in the business and folds it up.

Joke companies like AAC are there for the long term service and will continue to be around.

I suspect that SilencerCo would like the Joke to be on them.
Old October 22, 2010, 05:31 PM   #4
baffledcan

Yes, AAC customer service is a joke. Also, If it werent for the arrival of the massively popular SilencerCo Osprey you'd be paying $1300 for your beloved super long aac tirant.