The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 21, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1
M&P40

Sig sauer customer service

Just wanted to share a very positive experience with the folks at Sig Sauer customer service. Yesterday I bought a C3P 1911 and a Nightmare 1911. Today I did my disassembly, cleaning and lubrication. The nightmare 100rds flawless. The C3P no so lucky.Got it all back together inserted the mag pulled back the slide, locked into place went to release the slide and this baby is STUCK. Ejected the mag and slide releases with no problem. Tried the 2nd mag, a little better but shouldn't be that tuff. Placed a Chip McCormick in there and it was as smooth as butter. Called Sig spoke to Josh was very apologetic and and sent out two replacements today. That response was a total 180 of the type of treatment I received from Kimber in the past. Nothing is ever there fault. As for the operation of the C3P with the cm mags 100 rounds were flawless.
Old December 21, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2
AndyWest

Good to hear. I love my SIGs (P226 and STX 1911). I've recently read some people belive SIG's quality is going downhill. I certainly hope not.
Old December 21, 2012, 01:26 PM   #3
geetarman

I have only used SIG CS once and they were quick to fix the problem.

Carpe Cerveza
Old December 21, 2012, 01:35 PM   #4
BarryLee

My only interaction with them has been to purchase parts, but I was pleased with the experience. I went to order three magazines with a discount code they had given me. Well, the magazines were on backorder, so to make up for it he gave me a discount on the entire order which resulted in me getting a fourth magazine for free. I sort of felt he went the extra mile when he could have just taken my order.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman
Old December 21, 2012, 02:30 PM   #5
BGutzman

People keep talking about Sig Quality going down and yet I just don't see it... Have you handled a new Sig recently and looked at the excellent work? I'm not saying they don't occasionally produce some duds like anyone else but when problems are encountered they seem to be among the best in getting the problem solved and incorporated into production...

Look at the Gen 4 issue? How long did that go on? My point being there are other companies that seem to be no were near as quick at getting to the bottom and fixing it.

Sig customer service has a very good reputation for a reason and is known for fast turn around and their not just replacing Tupperware, some of these things have a bit more cost for them to do... I'm not downing other company's service but as a practical matter Sig isn't perfect but does very, very well.

Last edited by BGutzman; December 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM.
Old December 21, 2012, 04:14 PM   #6
M&P40

Now that sig is sending new mags and I have these 2 duds are they worth tinkering with for range use or just pitch them. Im all ears for suggestions
Old December 21, 2012, 04:30 PM   #7
JimDandy

All the tinkering will cost you is time. If they're swappable, swap out parts from mags that work, watch as much of the mechanicals as you can, and see if you can figure out whats the problem.
Old December 29, 2012, 03:34 PM   #8
kot

I recently sent my p229e2 for a warranty service. Best experience with a customer service ever: hold time 10 seconds, talked for a minute or so, shipping label in the email, prompt service and return shipment. Most companies would not even come close to that.

The problem was with the takedown lever: it would not rotate. I was told the guide rod was broken.
Old December 30, 2012, 05:18 PM   #9
giaquir

I think it's just manufacturers that
reside in New Hampshire.
They are kind , generous and basically
a friendly lot.
Old January 1, 2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Roland Thunder

I recently called Sig customer service because I was having issues with the slide not locking back on the last round of my 226. I have heard of people having trouble with this and that the problem a lot of times is that the shooter has his thumb on the slide lock (easy to do with some Sigs). I started watching closely to make sure this wasn't the reason and it doesn't appear to be. Sig customer service basically blew me off saying the problem was either the ammo or me limp wristing the gun. They never made any offer to look at it at all. I was hoping they would say something like "try some different ammo and make sure your not limp wristing and then send it back if it's still a problem"

On another occasion, I sent the gun back because one of the Trijicon night sights went bad. They replaced the sights but the gun has been shooting very low ever since.

So far, the jury is still out on Sig customer service as far as I am concerned.
Old January 2, 2013, 02:53 PM   #11
Tactical Jackalope

SIG is one of the best I have ever dealt with. It's safe to say, I love them on a personal level.