The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 22, 2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Roland Thunder

Tru Glo Sights and CCW

I am thinking of putting some Tru Glo sights on my M&P 45c. I plan to conceal carry it occasionaly but not always. I am wondering if having these sights on a gun will be a problem pulling it in and out of a holster. I have a crossbreed supertuck.

Anyone had any experience with this. I hate to spend the money on the sights and find out I can't get it in and out of the holster or the rubbing against the holster knocks the sights loose.
Old September 22, 2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Jason_G

Most well made holsters (leather ones, anyway) have a sewn in sight channel that will accommodate pretty much any sensibly sized front sight. Kydex and other thermoplastic holsters sometimes are not as forgiving of sight dimensions.

I've never heard of a TFO sight coming off of the gun, but I have heard of the front tritium/fiber optic element coming out of the sight from recoil. I haven't heard of it in a long time though, so my guess is that it was an early teething issue when they first hit the market, and has since been resolved.

I've never shot with them, so I can't say yea or nay about them.

Jason
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." -Amendment II, Constitution of the United States of America
Old September 22, 2011, 05:58 PM   #3
wbw

Living in the People's Republic of Maryland, I'm not allowed to carry a gun. But I do have TruGlos on my XDm. I don't think it would be a problem. I love fiber optics. I sent my slide to Gilberts Guns to have them installed.