The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 18, 2009, 02:33 PM   #1
leroyfunshack

Reimington/Browning Model 11 mfg. date 1912.

I am hoping to gather information about my model 11.
According to the serial # per remington the gun was made in 1912 the letter in front of the serial # designates that it is a "tournament" type.
Recently I was having problems with the firing pin not striking the primers hard enough to set it off. I broke the weapon down removed the firing pin with the intention of replacing the pin and a spring or two. During this process I noticed a hairline crack in the pin that is toward the butt end of the gun and then of course it broke. Not a problem i can have another one made. During my search across the web I was displeased to find that most or all of the companies that supply parts had not even the first clue about guns of any kind. I also noticed that there may be a few things missing on my model 11 that I was unaware of such as some type if cushion or bushing that fits on the back of the bolt with a rivet. Thought I would mention it here because I heard that this would be the place to get CORRECT answers. Thanks
Old September 18, 2009, 03:17 PM   #2
TxGun

Have you looked here?:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/model.asp?idDept=204

And here?:

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/...rowning-auto-5

Also, MWG shold be able to provide good tech advice.
Old September 18, 2009, 10:36 PM   #3
leroyfunshack

hey, thanks. I will check it out and let you know what I find.
Old September 21, 2009, 07:42 AM   #4
leroyfunshack

Thanks for the links. The site for the A-5 did not show the fiber cushion or the carrier spring pin that I am looking for. The e-gunparts has the cushion and the rivet to hold it in place, also had pics on most parts which is very nice. Still no pin though. What are the chances that this pin I am looking for may actually be a screw that over the years someone "modified" for whatever reason? Th best way I can describe the pin location is that it is toward the lower butt end of the reciever on the opposite side of the ejection opening. The pin fits in the "tear drop" shape on the carrier spring. Thanks for the help.

Tags
model 11