The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old February 24, 2018, 09:00 AM   #1
axis223

Anyone use a baldeagle rifle rest?

I am a little torn between bald eagle and Caldwell benchrest. I can get the bald eagle for a little over the price of the Caldwell.
Old February 24, 2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Number10GI

I have two Bald Eagle front rests. One I bought years ago but it didn't have the windage adjustable top, the latest one I got came with the windage and elevation adjustable top for $139.95 plus shipping. It is still available for that price. I had to buy the leather sand bag that mounts on the top but it wasn't priced badly. I searched the Caldwell rests and can't find one with a windage adjustable top, maybe I missed it. You want the windage adjustable top.
Old February 24, 2018, 07:38 PM   #3
jpx2rk

I have 3 BE rests, well the 3rd is on the truck headed this way. I have a slingshot model for my ARA rig, did the mods to delete the cable driven windage top and its now just a turn the screw in or out to adjust windage. I bought a triangle base one for my other rifles (CF) as I wanted something better than the sandbags I was using with them. Also did the cable delete on the windage top and added a Protektor bag. Wife shot the 22lr build I did a few months ago last week, and didn't like the sandbag I gave her to use, so now the 3rd one is on the truck. I also lost that rifle to her unless I build a rifle just for her. I may/may not do the cable delete on her rest, we'll see how she does with the cable do hickey. Well worth the $$
Old February 25, 2018, 09:38 AM   #4
old roper

If anyone want Bald Eagle Bullet.com is going out of business.
NRA Life Member