The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 21, 2013, 06:28 PM   #1
hivoltagefx4

CZ75B

Hello all,

I just picked up a CZ75B in 9MM. Hope this isn't a stupid question, but are there any other magazines that fit the CZ75B other than the ones from CZ? I'd like to pick up some extras (assuming I can find some at reasonable prices)

He someone can help. I'm really looking forward to having this gun as I've heard many positives about it! I can't say enough just how comfortable this gun is in my hand.
Old January 21, 2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Rford09

Check out mec-gar
Old January 21, 2013, 07:18 PM   #3
Walt Sherrill

At gun shows, nearly any of the Tanfoglio/Witness mags will work in a CZ and be good quality. But, as noted in an earlier response, Mec-Gar is the way to go.

Mec-Gar builds the "factory" mags for many gun makers, and they now build nearly all of the factory CZ mags -- and they're a lot cheaper than buying them from CZ. (Used mags for CZs are generally a good deal, and you can get replacement springs from Wolff Springs.)

CDNN usually has some best deals, but the madness about hi-cap mags seems to have exhausted their inventory. Here's a link to CDNN, and that the smallest selection I've seen in years. This is a BAD TIME to be hunting mags.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/cz.html
Old January 21, 2013, 07:27 PM   #4
model18

been waitin' for some too, but bad timing with all the madness. Was getting ready to buy these when the frantic buying began, and missed out.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/918...und-steel-blue
Old January 21, 2013, 07:31 PM   #5
chris in va

MecGar, definitely. Better than the factory mags with much stronger springs.

Good choice on the 75. Soon as you can get a 15# hammer spring for it.
Old January 21, 2013, 08:38 PM   #6
tekarra

Mec-Gar makes OEM magazines for cZ and I buy Mec-Gars as they are cheaper than cZ.
Old January 21, 2013, 10:27 PM   #7
CrossIL

www.damascusgunshop.com/

I just bought a 75b from them and service has been great. Shipping was delayed a bit because of a snow storm but ordered my pistol which comes with two magazines and a extra for $50. A little steep but I believe it's same price they have always been and, they are listed in stock still!
Old January 21, 2013, 11:42 PM   #8
railroader

Baby eagle mags work fine if you can find them.
Old January 21, 2013, 11:58 PM   #9
Xfire68

I bought a 15rd Pro Mag the other day at Cabelas ($22) for my CZ 75B and it seems to work just fine tho I will say it seems to be built a bit cheaper then the quality stock CZ mags.
Old January 22, 2013, 12:12 AM   #10
jimmythegeek

I've been looking...

I got notified that they were back in stock at one place, and they were sold out again before I could order 7 hours later.

Oh, well. I can wait.

Mec-Gar hold 17 standard, vs. 16, and by all accounts they work well. Good luck to you in your search, but slightly less luck than me!
Old January 22, 2013, 02:01 AM   #11
uradaisyifudo

Mec-gar is the way to go, or that is where I landed researching the same a year ago, no regrets, a quality product
Old January 22, 2013, 04:46 AM   #12
JimmyR

I have bitten the bullet twice and bought factory mags from CZ. They run about $40 when they have them in stock. I bought my 16 rounder before the craziness hit, and bought a 10 rounder before the hi cap mag ban became an "official" reccomendation. There are some good aftermarket on the CZ website, but they are about $45. They have them in stock as of 2 minutes ago though...
Old January 22, 2013, 06:34 AM   #13
Walt Sherrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfire68
I bought a 15rd Pro Mag the other day at Cabelas ($22) for my CZ 75B and it seems to work just fine tho I will say it seems to be built a bit cheaper then the quality stock CZ mags.
Pro-Mags for the full-size CZs are a real crap shoot. They're generally not as good, because their springs give out more quickly, and after you figure in the cost of replacement springs (from Wolff Springs), they're not cheaper. (If you're patient, you can contact Pro-Mag and get replacements under their warranty -- they do honor the warranty. They'll send you a new mag when you return the old one.)

Pro-Mags for the compact models seem to be as good as the factory mags, and I've used them off-and-on for years. Spring life seems about the same.

If you can afford/find them, Mec-Gars are a much better deal. Anything else is a real waste of time and money.