The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old September 2, 2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Joat

Gsg-5p Sbr, Aow

Looking for some clarification on a project.

I have a GSG-5P that I am in the process of SBRing and am looking at fore end options. The vertical grip of the mp5k can be adapted to fit with the use of a spacer and I like the look of this configuration.
Is there a legal issue of installing a vertical grip, after the SBR process, on the pistol version of the GSG (which would create an AOW if no tax paid) or does the process of SBRing the receiver negate the issue?

Joat
Old September 2, 2008, 02:27 PM   #2
PTK

SBR can have any number of grips, any length barrel, any OAL, etc. You're good as long as you pay the $200 for the SBR for a stock and any grips, OR the $200 for just the extra grip. I'd go the SBR route, if I were you.
Old September 2, 2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Joat

That's my plan. The SBR is already in process and I found the grip and adapter online while looking for something to replace the cheap feeling fore-endnd. Once I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

Joat