The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 8, 2017, 05:47 PM   #1
napg19

LCP trigger

Anyone know if the original LCP still has the long trigger pull instead of the short one that's on the new LCP II's.
I want one again but shot the new one and did not care for it.
Thanks, all replys appreciated.
Old October 8, 2017, 06:09 PM   #2
WVsig

The current production LCP is the LCP gen 2 not to be confused with the LCP II. The Gen 2 has the older style trigger but it is shorter than the original but is still a DAO hammer fired trigger. The new LCP II is SAO gun with an internal hammer.

Last edited by WVsig; October 8, 2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old October 8, 2017, 06:30 PM   #3
napg19

Thanks WVsig. With the shorter but still DAO pull on Gen II is it still a hard pull as on Gen I. I'm looking for that particular safty factor. Sorry, my OCD in older age gets the better of me sometimes.
Old October 8, 2017, 07:56 PM   #4
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVsig View Post
The current production LCP is the LCP gen 2 not to be confused with the LCP II. The Gen 2 has the older style trigger but it is shorter than the original but is still a DAO hammer fired trigger. The new LCP II is striker fire gun.
It's hammer fired, just like the original, and just like the Kel Tec the LCP was copied from.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old October 8, 2017, 08:03 PM   #5
railroader

The gen II trigger pull is long but shootable. It is very safe to carry with a good holster.
Old October 8, 2017, 08:42 PM   #6
sakata8242

The "Gen 2" original LCP has a much better DAO trigger than the first versions of the pistol. The LCP II has an entirely different trigger system; it's essentially a single action only pistol with no manual safety.

The LCP II is not a striker pistol; it has an internal, pre-cocked hammer. It is specified as a SAO, albeit with a 6 pound trigger pull.
Old October 8, 2017, 09:00 PM   #7
WVsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
It's hammer fired, just like the original, and just like the Kel Tec the LCP was copied from.
Corrected my post. I was under the impression it was a striker. Either way a different trigger system than the original LCP or LCP gen 2.
Old October 8, 2017, 11:32 PM   #8
FrankenMauser

Anyone that thinks the LCP (of any variety) has a long trigger pull needs to shoot a full-size handgun double-action.

The LCP's trigger pull is shorter than the take-up in several striker-fired pistols that I've handled or fired. It's "long" by single-action or striker-fired standards, but nothing compared to full-size DA/DAO.

Comparison between the models, I have no problem or argument with. That's just a comparison.
But the LCP's trigger pull is not long, in my opinion.
Old October 9, 2017, 03:17 AM   #9
napg19

Thanks guys. This helps alot. Have a great day.